GDT: World Series: Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros

Who Wins?

• Total voters

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
No predictions as usual for me since I don't want to jinx it.

Astros, make use of home field advantage this time unlike 2019. Correa, go add WS MVP to your resume so you can get a bigger payday. In Atlanta, do you go with a Alvarez/Tucker/Brantley outfield? Or have McCormick/Meyers/Siri in CF for defense and sit Brantley? Probably no Lance so Valdez, Garcia,Urquidy, Grienke/Javier rotation with Odorizzi coming in if 1 of Valdez or Garcia struggle?

Go Astros and good luck to any Braves fans on here. Hopefully a great series.

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Astros in 4 probably, maybe 5 if the Braves get one really good starting pitching performance.

They're just a way better, more experienced team and the Braves probably ran out of gas/momentum taking out the Dodgers.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Go Braves! Astros are the better team and they showed it versus the Sox. I just don't think Braves will be able to keep up. Houston in 5

Reactions: Canes

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
go braves can't stand to watch the cheating astros and there 3 smug allstars win another title.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
242928385-431786658313186-7619551432363544474-n.jpg

Reactions: J T Money

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Go Braves! Astros are the better team and they showed it versus the Sox. I just don't think Braves will be able to keep up. Houston in 5
I have no idea what to think with this particular team which is why it's awesome. And unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised at your prediction either.

Nah there's a lot of the Eastern seaboard that despises Atlanta, not only because of their team but just their location.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have no idea what to think with this particular team which is why it's awesome. And unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised at your prediction either.

Nah there's a lot of the Eastern seaboard that despises Atlanta, not only because of their team but just their location.

I think every fan outside of the Houston Area despises the Astros :laugh:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I said Braves in 6. I've been impressed with them, and they have that Postseason energy that makes teams successful this time of year. Also, I don't want to see Houston win and I think it will be amazing if Manfred had to reward the "hunk of metal" in Atlanta.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Going to Game 4!!
Have an amazing time! We were lucky enough to take our boys to Game 2 last Sunday. Was one of our best experiences yet. It'll be a long day, but head to the Battery early and plan on dinner there. Such a fantastic development.

Oh...and one little known deal...Hope this holds true for World Series games. They allow you to fill up a gallon-sized baggie with food before entering. It's great if you're going with kiddos. Pack the snacks!!

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If the Astros get the type of starting pitching they did in games 4, 5,6, this is a short series.

The Braves obviously have a chance though, I just can't see them neutralizing the Astros bats enough to win this series.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
McCullers out although we knew it yesterday when he talked to the media. Meyers also out, Marwin Gonzalez in lol.

Urquidy gets game 2, Garcia gets game 3. Extra rest for Garcia and although both flyball pitchers, I guess Urquidy is more. Astros plan on a Alvarez Tucker, Brantley outfield which is why a flyball pitcher becomes an issue.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just watched an E:60 on TV that basically said it's a shame that we're not talking about the Astros as a Dynasty. 5 Straight ALCS trips, marred by a cheating scandal. Real shame.

Any Canadian not picking the Braves is not a real Canadian.
Freddie Freeman and the Atlanta Bravesa in 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00