GDT: World Series: Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros

Who Wins?

• Total voters

G50

May 21, 2011
Near the Wolves, IL
Fellow Braves fan joining in on the celebration. :vhappy: . One championship down and hopefully one remaining in December. I was crying so much, just imagine how much more I'll be crying if the Revs finally raise that Cup in December lmao. I don't get a lot of opportunities to talk in the forums, as i spend most of my time in discord sports communties.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Congrats to Atlanta! Braves break the Atlanta/Georgia sports curse :naughty:

Really sucks AA couldn't be there but quite the story for him. Credit also goes to Coppollela even though hes banned for life, he was the guy who signed Albies, Acuna and a couple others. Also a great story for Freeman, he stuck around when the team was tearing everything down and is now a champion.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
You guys are too kind. Ultimately I have been too full of piss and vinegar compared to guys like @AtlantaWhaler and @PeterSidorkiewicz who weren't as scathing or abrasive as guys like I was to @punk_o_holic who has always been such a good sport despite his team being hated.
Congrats dude!!!!!

Can't believe it. Sooo happy right now. Which is good because I'm in the office after 3 hours of sleep last night.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Say what you will about fate or numerology or signs, but I’m a big believer of that stuff, and things like this always fascinate me. That’s amazing.
Along with having Aaron’s No. 44 painted in center field at Truist Park throughout the season, the Braves won 44 games before the All-Star break and 44 games after the All-Star break. The World Series was won during the 44th week of the season and the Braves and Astros would have combined for 44 runs in the Fall Classic had Freeman not hit a solo homer in the seventh inning of Tuesday’s decisive Game 6.
'Champions forever': Braves celebrate title

Also... <3 Pirates, Blue Jays and Doyers fans,
@Braves

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Say what you will about fate or numerology or signs, but I’m a big believer of that stuff, and things like this always fascinate me. That’s amazing.
It’s all coincidental. If the nl east is better this season 88 games doesn’t even get them in t he playoffs.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Cobb County Sheriff Department are notorious for being overzealous and Matzek almost found that out the hard way heh.

I was at the parade near the beginning by Hooters. So much fun and everyone was happy. Laughable to hear the complaints from downtown attendees that the parade drove too fast. I mean, friday afternoon in a major city, of course they had to drive a bit faster than they did on Cobb Parkway.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I honestly felt the Braves were going to win it all when they won game 4 in LA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad