World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Tue, Dec 26, 2023 – Fri, Jan 5, 2024

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I’m actually okay not picking 1st as long as we get the #2nd OA and a chance to draft the SIX FOOT FOUR INCH Cayden Lindstrom, and Anyone but Ana, AZ and friggin Chicago doesn’t get Celebrini..I’d be as pissed as just about everyone else If the Hawks get another top line center.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
It's so brutal that he's coming on so strongly and the odds are against us getting him. I'm definitely preparing for us to pick 3-6 just for my own mental health next May/June. Lindstrom, any of the top 3 D, or possibly Catton would all be either the top or second prospect in our system immediately, and whoever we get with PIT pick will probably immediately be equal or better to Musty as a prospect, and I just have to think that way. If the hockey gods finally smile on this franchise, well, great... All upside.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I didn't bother to watch today since it was just against Latvia, but how did Furlong look? I've liked what I've seen of his game in the previous two contests--he has the look of a very steady d-man who can move the puck well enough to be a solid third-pairing guy (maybe second pairing ceiling but eh, we'll see about that).

I assume the plan will be to have him start next year with the Barracuda?

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
The good news, from what I read here, is that 2-12 are neck-and-neck. So, at least it's a good year to have a second first rounder at (hopefully) #12 ish ? Even when chicago picks first again, we'll have some great prospects and they'll still have jones at 9.5m/yr for the rest of time

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The good news, from what I read here, is that 2-12 are neck-and-neck. So, at least it's a good year to have a second first rounder at (hopefully) #12 ish ? Even when chicago picks first again, we'll have some great prospects and they'll still have jones at 9.5m/yr for the rest of time
Yeah, I think that’s a fair take. Tons of guys I feel are somewhat equal in that area. Off the top of my head, Eiserman, Demidov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Levshunov, Catton, Helenius, and Silayev are pretty much equal in my eyes, so it would be pretty likely that one would be available at 11th.

It’s nice to fantasize about getting Celebrini, but I would put money on Chicago getting him. They’ve got absolutely nothing in their org other than Bedard.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Looking over both USA and Canada, the only 5th rounders to make the rosters are both Sharks picks, Furlong and Pohlkamp. Goes to show that we did well with these two picks.

Reactions: tiburon12

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I didn't bother to watch today since it was just against Latvia, but how did Furlong look? I've liked what I've seen of his game in the previous two contests--he has the look of a very steady d-man who can move the puck well enough to be a solid third-pairing guy (maybe second pairing ceiling but eh, we'll see about that).

I assume the plan will be to have him start next year with the Barracuda?
Not noticeable which I suppose is good considering his job isn’t to be overly noticeable.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I haven't been able to really evaluate the Shark prospects because family being over for the holidays meant that I have to either blitz the games because not everyone wants to watch USA/Switzerland or whatever or I can't rewind and re-watch segments to focus on specific players.

So my only real observation so far is that I am eternally grateful that I haven't once heard Pitbull.

Oh, and that it's surprising Canada chose for their goal song a piece of Newfie folk pop/rock that's older than anyone on the team by at least 7 years. I approve though.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I haven't been able to really evaluate the Shark prospects because family being over for the holidays meant that I have to either blitz the games because not everyone wants to watch USA/Switzerland or whatever or I can't rewind and re-watch segments to focus on specific players.

So my only real observation so far is that I am eternally grateful that I haven't once heard Pitbull.

Oh, and that it's surprising Canada chose for their goal song a piece of Newfie folk pop/rock that's older than anyone on the team by at least 7 years. I approve though.
So what song is it? And when was it written?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Color me not impressed with Lane Hutson…

It’s nice to see Smith winning face offs clean against his own age group. Suggests that once he’s adapted to playing against men it shouldn’t be a problem.

There’s a guy with the last name Rod playing, which made me think of Noah Rod for the first time in years. One of the Sharks draft picks of all time.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Color me not impressed with Lane Hutson…

It’s nice to see Smith winning face offs clean against his own age group. Suggests that once he’s adapted to playing against men it shouldn’t be a problem.

There’s a guy with the last name Rod playing, which made me think of Noah Rod for the first time in years. One of the Sharks draft picks of all time.
Haha thought the same thing when I heard Rod. Its his little brother btw, looked it up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad