World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Tue, Dec 26, 2023 – Fri, Jan 5, 2024

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He's not top 10 in scoring, he's 14th and is being outscored by multiple guys drafted significantly after him.
His 23 points is tied for 9th, his 17 games is the 2nd least amount of games with 23 points. The only players with 24 points or more that is younger then Smith is Celebrini (not drafted), Perreault (by 2 months), Zeev Buium (not drafted). Being outscored by a 20+ year olds is not really unexpected.

There is nobody that was drafted after him that would bump him out of the top 5 of the draft.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
His 23 points is tied for 9th, his 17 games is the 2nd least amount of games with 23 points. The only players with 24 points or more that is younger then Smith is Celebrini (not drafted), Perreault (by 2 months), Zeev Buium (not drafted). Being outscored by a 20+ year olds is not really unexpected.

There is nobody that was drafted after him that would bump him out of the top 5 of the draft.
Bradly Nadeau is outscoring him and he was drafted 30th.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
21 points is now more then 23? Shocking math there. And Nadeau was in a lesser league the year he was drafted then Smith was and smith still outscored him.
So the fact that he has played fewer games is enough to bump Will Smith up from 14th to 9th (those guys have all scored more goals than Smith which is why they are listed higher), but you aren't allowed to include guys who have played fewer games but have higher scoring rates than Smith as outscoring him?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So the fact that he has played fewer games is enough to bump Will Smith up from 14th to 9th (those guys have all scored more goals than Smith which is why they are listed higher), but you aren't allowed to include guys who have played fewer games but have higher scoring rates than Smith as outscoring him?
You can't, give people points to count them as out producing someone.

Smith is tied in points with a bunch of other players but has played fewer games.

With you way of thinking Gushchin is better then Eklund.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
You can't, give people points to count them as out producing someone.

Smith is tied in points with a bunch of other players but has played fewer games.

With you way of thinking Gushchin is better then Eklund.
Fine, 14th I guess isn't fair and it's better to say he is tied for 13th in ppg.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Fine, 14th I guess isn't fair and it's better to say he is tied for 13th in ppg.
Even using ppg, he is top 10. Give it up, everyone knows your hatred for Smith has no end, according to you he only has 8 points because his assists do not matter at all. Even though Smith on his line is basically the Thornton.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Even using ppg, he is top 10. Give it up, everyone knows your hatred for Smith has no end, according to you he only has 8 points because his assists do not matter at all. Even though Smith on his line is basically the Thornton.
Screenshot 2023-12-26 194321.png

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Here’s a hot take: I don’t actually care how Will Smith starts the year, I care how he ends it. Is he improving? Is he working on his flaws? Eklund sucked in the SHL after we drafted him — but he kept developing and growing as he is now.

It sounds like he is having some growing pains right now — good. That’s how you learn - I want to see how he grows from it. The fact that he’s had struggles but is still putting up point bodes well.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Honestly I’m not at all surprised to see the Finns struggling. Their defense is in shambles and their offense is depending primarily on a 17 year old.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Blame the IIHF. Canada gets all the games, live. US gets like 2 games/day live on NHL Network (which seems to be available only on 2 streaming services as an add on -- Sling Orange and Fubo).
It seems like a league decision to exclusively broadcast games in the U.S. on their network that nobody gets. ESPN+ should just simulcast all the TSN games like they do with their trade deadline and free agency shows.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
5 minute penalty called for hitting. I know iihf is strict but jesus. That was a beautiful hit.

Haha omg from a 5 to not a penalty. Wake up ref.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
They only called the 5 so that it could be reviewed and the call overturned. They did the right thing.
Play should not have even been blown down to start with. Any one with working eyes could see that was a clean hit at full speed. And then to spend a full 5+ minutes looking at it was even more embarrassing.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Play should not have even been blown down to start with. Any one with working eyes could see that was a clean hit at full speed. And then to spend a full 5+ minutes looking at it was even more embarrassing.
You, sitting on your couch watching it happen on TV, sure seem qualified to make this call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad