Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I am here only for the Smith jokes.
8bexkw.jpg

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
You know I kinda like the large European-style ice.

Less board hitting because the boards are so far away but more open-ice-hitting (but most guys are not good at open-ice hitting so it's more like contact and bumping)

Less shot-blocking (would prolong Mario's career if NHL ice was that big)

More room to skate in the zone on the sides and more wide-angle shots

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Jeez, there is no love lost between the 2004/2005 birth years for Sweden and the US. It’s really fitting that these two teams faced off for the WJC gold after the last two U18 tourneys.
its kind of interesting that it feels real. Hopefully these groups get to keep playing against each other internationally.

You know I kinda like the large European-style ice.

Less board hitting because the boards are so far away but more open-ice-hitting (but most guys are not good at open-ice hitting so it's more like contact and bumping)

Less shot-blocking (would prolong Mario's career if NHL ice was that big)

More room to skate in the zone on the sides and more wide-angle shots
NHL ice is to small for the game now, it needs to be a bit wider but I wouldnt go all the way to european ice.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Jeez, there is no love lost between the 2004/2005 birth years for Sweden and the US. It’s really fitting that these two teams faced off for the WJC gold after the last two U18 tourneys.
Ya those under 18 and under 16 international tournaments really help with these games being more feisty. As the majority of them have some kind of history with each other at these kinds of events.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ya those under 18 and under 16 international tournaments really help with these games being more feisty. As the majority of them have some kind of history with each other at these kinds of events.
Definitely. Seen a lot of folks complaining about how the end of the game went but I love to see the fire from both sides.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Definitely. Seen a lot of folks complaining about how the end of the game went but I love to see the fire from both sides.
I am not a fan of the one that was right in the center of the entire scrum, playing his first shift for the game in a 6-2 situation with 1 minute left.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Only got thru the start of the 3rd before work pulled me back, but Smith had three more dangerous chances. A nice breakaway but attempt missed wide, and another nice cut to the front of the net and backhand went off the keeper's shoulders and out of play. Also a cut down the wing on his backhand where he didn't get much of it. Good threatening, not great finishing today, but 2 assists and a very solid performance all around.

Last edited:

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Will Smith and Eric Pohlkamp with gold medals. Havelid and Bysted with silver medals. A great showing for Team teal.
Smith with a 3 point game in the gold medal win.
I demand a recount…

Only got thru the start of the 3rd before work pulled me back, but Smith had three more dangerous chances. A nice breakaway but attempt missed wide, and another nice cut to the front of the net and backhand went off the keeper's shoulders and out of play. Also a cut down the wing on his backhand where he didn't get much of it. Good threatening, not great finishing today, but 3 assists and a very solid performance all around.
Why is everybody talking about 3 assists? What did I miss?

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Tough game for Bystedt. He didn`t prevent Perrault to score 1st goal of the game. IIRC, he lost FO to Perrault which lead to Buium`s goal.
But I like his aggressiveness in his last shift, he made a couple of hits and tried to land more.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Bystedt was pretty awful in the medal rounds. Completely invisible offensively and detrimental defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad