Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2014-2015

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Shame, Demko played real good. And honestly I don't see the future Crosby out there. Domi and Nurse have been Canada's best players.

Don't forget McDavid is 17 year olds and Eichel just turned 18 in October and they are playing in a tournament that is dominated by 19 year olds.

Don't let one game fool ya, those are incredible players.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Don't forget McDavid is 17 year olds and Eichel just turned 18 in October and they are playing in a tournament that is dominated by 19 year olds.

Yep, dont let it fool you. Those 2 are the future of the NHL .

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Also while we are poo pooing their performance or down playing the importance of a one game scouting report, or noting that each are relatively young for the tournament, don't forget each had a point in this game.

And that's what often seperates the ok players from good player, or good players from great players. The ability to produce even while not dominating.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Keep in mind that Tedenby looked pretty good at the WJC, and we know how that panned out. That's why I try not to get too excited about this tournament. It's great to see these kids, but it's hard to really judge anything about them.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Screw Werenski. If that was Santini that 3rd goal wouldn't have happened

Pronman even said as much on twitter. It's gonna feel like way too long by the time we see him in Newark. I don't know if I've ever seen a defenseman known solely for his defensive game get as much praise as Santini has the past two years.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Keep in mind that Tedenby looked pretty good at the WJC, and we know how that panned out. That's why I try not to get too excited about this tournament. It's great to see these kids, but it's hard to really judge anything about them.

i liked what miles wood brought to the game.. he was physical played hard and looked like he has some wheels..

team usa could really use Santini..their defensman did not look strong and they were definitely missing a guy that can control the game better back on blue line

i thought team did not play well and were not moving their legs for long stretches of times...

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
We deserved better. I Hope we meet them again. Great game.

you sound like debeor lol////

i don't think team usa deserved better,, they played hard canada was the better team for longer periods of the game and were sharper on this day... team usa defenseman are a tier below team canada's also

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Detroit hits a home run again with Dylan Larkin

It looks like it so far.

He's a few seasons away from the bigs, he should even be better by then with some development at Michigan.

He's a fast/strong skater with good but not high end puck skills.

But, he's got that heart & soul character that may translate to a future C on his sweater.

He's also a hometown Detroit native, good for the Wings to draft a hometown kid.
Unfortunately, Conte has an Anti-NJ bias and will not draft a hometown kid, based on his draft records.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
He's also a hometown Detroit native, good for the Wings to draft a hometown kid.
Unfortunately, Conte has an Anti-NJ bias and will not draft a hometown kid, based on his draft records.

Your arguments get sillier and sillier.

You realize that the Wings have to pass on numerous Detroit/Michigan area kids every year right? How many New Jersey players have the Devils passed on. Because I can assure that the Wings have passed on more Michigan area players if only by the sheer numbers. That's almost like saying the Kings are biased because they haven't drafted any California players.

It's also hilarious since Ottawa got roasted in the press twice for passing on local players. In 1997, they passed on a guy named Matt Zultek and the locals hated it. In 2008, they passed on Tyler Cuma and the locals hated it. Who did they take those years? Marian Hossa and Erik Karlsson.

I'm bummed as much as the next guy that we didn't get John Carlson, but you can't use the "He's from where we're from" as your trump card. That's how Toronto picked Jeff Ware over Petr Sykora in 1995.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Russia scores on a 5 on 3 early in the first. Haven't seen Wood yet, Chase De Leo played the first even strength shift on the Matthews/Schmaltz line.

Edit: Wood on a line with J.T. Compher and John Hayden. First shift produced a couple of chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad