Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2014-2015

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
i was also hoping we would get Bjrokstrand in the 2013 draft because i thought he was a sure 2nd round pick but went in the third and now he's doing really well.

oh well past is the past just hope they don't go for guys like Chatham in the 3rd round anymore.

5-4!!! what a game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
To be fair, Chatham's skating is also a strength, and every team passed on Point 2 times, at least. I think a lot of teams are gonna be kicking themselves for passing on Point, but I think the Devils specifically are going to look really dumb for not taking any of Barbashev, Lemieux, or Hawryluk when they had the chance.

A lot of us wanted Point at 30.
For a organization starving for offensive talent its baffling that we took Chatham over Point.

Let's hope Conte was right in a few years.

I also hope you guys are right about santini as Petan looks very good this WJC.

Russia in this.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
For a organization starving for offensive talent its baffling that we took Chatham over Point.

Russia in this.

I was one of them until Barbashev was still on the board!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was screaming for Point in the 2nd round....

Chatham is projected as a grinder in the mold of Clarkson.
Not a goal scorer.

Imagine having domi, point and duclair in our system?

I don't see Chatham and Kuja on the Canada WJC team.

Russia has all of the momentum..

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Russia in this.

Smaller skill players usually have success at the juniors/wjc level. The issue is that it's very difficult for their game to translate to the pros (ie: Tedenby). I wouldn't go crazy over someone like Petan scoring a few goals in the world juniors.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Smaller skill players usually have success at the juniors/wjc level. The issue is that it's very difficult for their game to translate to the pros (ie: Tedenby). I wouldn't go crazy over someone like Petan scoring a few goals in the world juniors.

Petan was just as good last year so its not just a hot streak either, i think he could be very good. Winnipeg has some nice pieces coming up soon, and if Hutchinson that goalie is legit they could be good in the future

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There has been more action in this game than the past 5 years worth of Devils games. What a game.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Russia was really coming on. I agree the refs might have been biased to the Russians in the first 2 periods but in the third a few calls were uncalled against Canada. It evens out. The games was so fast paced.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
So did the other 28 teams that passed on them.

To simplistic to think that way.

Do the other 28 other teams have basically no scoring forwards in their pipeline?

Let's face facts, Conte has left our cupboard barren at forward at every level.
Seeing all of that skilled talent at forward in the WJC, especially last night and we could have taken quite a few of them.

I will say that Point may be too small to make a big impact in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad