Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2014-2015

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Wood made the team!!!! :handclap:

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 12m12 minutes ago
USA cuts Jeremy Bracco and Cole Cassels. Forwards set. Anthony Louis, who was scratched tonight, makes it.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

What a story this kid is. Absolutely no one expected him to make the team. He comes to camp and forces his way on to the team.

Very excited to watch him play.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 16m16 minutes ago
USA will have one more D to cut. Could keep all three goalies, could be two. Santini Watch is on. Has a few days to show he's healthy, ready

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 16m16 minutes ago
USA will have one more D to cut. Could keep all three goalies, could be two. Santini Watch is on. Has a few days to show he's healthy, ready

I don't think there is any chance they cut Santini, even if his availability is one game. The impact of Santini possibly shadowing McDavid should be more than enough to keep him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think there is any chance they cut Santini, even if his availability is one game. The impact of Santini possibly shadowing McDavid should be more than enough to keep him.

Oh the thought of this makes me excited. I hope Santini gets healthy because I want to see what he can do against some of these big kids.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
We have to keep this kid.

Regarding Wood, what are the scenarios where we wouldn't keep him? Similar to what Kevin Hayes did? I never fully understood what happened there.

Anyone know what needs to happen? Is there a time period from the date he was drafted that he needs to be signed?

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Regarding Wood, what are the scenarios where we wouldn't keep him? Similar to what Kevin Hayes did? I never fully understood what happened there.

Anyone know what needs to happen? Is there a time period from the date he was drafted that he needs to be signed?

Kevin Hayes wasn't kept because he didn't have a spot in Chicago.. If Miles Wood is the real deal he will be kept.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Now the interesting part is where does Wood fit in.

He's played on all lines from the first line - fourth line so far.

The player who was on the first line in the scrimmage against Sweden, Bracco got cut. The other guy who was a healthy scratch, Louis and the 13th forward DeLeo did not. Therefore there has to be some time of movement up the lines to replace Bracco. Should be interesting.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Kevin Hayes wasn't kept because he didn't have a spot in Chicago.. If Miles Wood is the real deal he will be kept.

Chicago didn't decide not to "keep" Hayes, it was his choice. There's no guarantee that Wood would sign with the Devils if the signing period were to expire.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Chicago didn't decide not to "keep" Hayes, it was his choice. There's no guarantee that Wood would sign with the Devils if the signing period were to expire.

Yep, Hayes made the call not to sign with Chicago. Albeit because he most likely felt there was no room for him to be on the NHL roster quickly. Or he disliked Chicago. Not sure if he ever said, but the former is plausible

My question is what are the rules around that. Chicago had up until August 15th of last year to sign him.

Here is the schedule for the US games. First one is this Friday

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Now the interesting part is where does Wood fit in.

He's played on all lines from the first line - fourth line so far.

The player who was on the first line in the scrimmage against Sweden, Bracco got cut. The other guy who was a healthy scratch, Louis and the 13th forward DeLeo did not. Therefore there has to be some time of movement up the lines to replace Bracco. Should be interesting.

I've people make lineups up with him at RW on the 4th line and LW on the 3rd line.

Seems the line make ups for the USA team are really flexible so depending on how he continues to play he could work his way up into a more important role.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We need to have WJC game day threads.... I'm sure it'll bring more excitement and happiness than the regular GDT's

MountainGoat

is Santini that good? I kno nothing about him

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
is Santini that good? I kno nothing about him

Yes he is. I'm a firm believer he is our best natural defensemen in our system. The kids a stud. He won't wow you in the offensive zone but will be a mobile shutdown defensemen who can hit and fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad