World Cup Final: Sep 14 GDT - Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Ruutu...after a slow adjustment period to start his rookie year has been everything advertised as the world's former #1 prospect and then some. A couple years from now he is going to be a dominating force. As it is, he already was about a point-per-game player on one of the league's worst teams the second half of his rookie season as a 20 year-old.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
onice said:
C'mon, are you joking? Did you watch the playoffs?

Kipper didn't really have that great a playoffs, when you look at it. There's a reason almost every series went seven games. He gave up 3+ goals *nine* times in the playoffs. Statistically, he was only the 6th best goalie in the playoffs.

Yeah, he had a bunch of great games, but he also had a ton of stinkers.

MeN_Ace2

Dec 22, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
PecaFan said:
Kipper didn't really have that great a playoffs, when you look at it. There's a reason almost every series went seven games. He gave up 3+ goals *nine* times in the playoffs. Statistically, he was only the 6th best goalie in the playoffs.

Yeah, he had a bunch of great games, but he also had a ton of stinkers.

:joker:

That's what happens when you spend your time looking up statistics instead of watching the games! :banana:

Kipper was the reason Calgary got where they got. Period. How many shots did the other goalies stop?

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Amazing show of skill by Ruutu.

The 3rd period will be nerve wrecking. I could have chosen a better day to stop smoking... :shakehead

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
MeN_Ace2 said:
:joker:

That's what happens when you spend your time looking up statistics instead of watching the games! :banana:

Kipper was the reason Calgary got where they got. Period. How many shots did the other goalies stop?

Ummm...make up your mind.

chicpea*

wilka91 said:
I wonder when Canada is going to score the go ahead goal. 5 minutes? more? less?
Canada isn't playing like they'll score a go-ahead at any point. In the second there were probably under five continuous passing plays. This game could come down to a powerplay. Yikes. Anyway, good luck to both, but c'mon Iginla!!

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
MeN_Ace2 said:

I watched all the games, thank you. You think Kipper faced more shots than other goalies?

Vokoun 33.2 shots per game in the playoffs.
Belfour 29.3
Raycroft 28.2
Nabokov 26.3
Kipper 25.7
Khabby 25.6
Joseph 22.8

Calgary got where they did because the *team* played well, they were amazing defensively, and Iginla was phenomenal.

Last edited:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Joe Thornton has been AMAZING this tournament. I have a new found respect for him. Playing a checking role, and still racking up the points. He has been a monster on the puck.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Jussi said:
There goes that 4-1 prediction, VanIslander.
Canada 4 Finland 1

That was my prediction in August before the tourney began, as I've linked evidence from past threads. :lol:

So Canada wins 4-2 instead.

I can live with being only 95% right. :)

And, oh, my pre-tourney MVP picks are also still in the running: Sakic or Kiprusoff.

(I am surprised by the sloppy play of Canadian defensemen.)

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
PecaFan said:
I watched all the games, thank you. You think Kipper faced more shots than other goalies?

Vokoun 33.2 shots per game in the playoffs.
Belfour 29.3
Raycroft 28.2
Nabokov 26.3
Kipper 25.7
Khabby 25.6
Joseph 22.8

Calgary got where they did because the *team* played well, they were amazing defensively, and Iginla was phenomenal.

Coming with the stats...I like it! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad