World Cup Final: Sep 14 GDT - Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

weetabix

Sep 6, 2004
3-1 Finland

This must be 3-1 Finland, if we can keep the score 0-0 or our lead in the first period.
If not, then the score will be 4-3 Finland.

Go Finland Go!

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
I'm not sure who i'll be cheering for, but I truly hope it's an exciting cliff hanger of a game. I expect it to be a little physical and tentative in the first period however. Go... good hockey!

High flyin' Habs*

weetabix said:
This must be 3-1 Finland, if we can keep the score 0-0 or our lead in the first period.
If not, then the score will be 4-3 Finland.

Go Finland Go!

:lol Good one!

Abitbol

le plus classe
Mar 29, 2002
img186.imageshack.us
I do not underestimate the Finns(I Canada wasn't in the final, I would root for them), I wish that Canada win no matter by what score they do so I'm not gonna predict anything, I just wanna say good luck to the Finns.

If ever Canada loses this game, I'm gonna be sad, but, I prefer losing to the Fins than to the US or the Tchecs, or any other team in this tournament.

At least I'll be happy for Saku!

It's probably the last game of pro Hockey I will get to see for a good while so I just hope it will be a great game!!

Go Canada!

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
I hope Finland wins! :yo:

But if they lose, I'm happy that it was to Canada. :)

No numbers...

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
5,2 million people / 32,5 million people. think about the capacity of Canada.
But it wouldn't be the first time mind goes over matter. :banghead:

High flyin' Habs*

I was wondering if Canada had more people than they do right now, say two times more, I bet that the NHL would be made out of at least 90% canadian players since half of the players in the entire league right now are Canadians. Could you immagine if Canada had the population of the states just how many players would there be to represent the natl. team? there would be so many players for Grtezky to choose from that if it were so I wouldn't like to be in his place!

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
smoothskater said:
I was wondering if Canada had more people than they do right now, say two times more, I bet that the NHL would be made out of at least 90% canadian players since half of the players in the entire league right now are Canadians. Could you immagine if Canada had the population of the states just how many players would there be to represent the natl. team? there would be so many players for Grtezky to choose from that if it were so I wouldn't like to be in his place!

Yes, but you can put superstars to every line.
If players get hurt or something before the tournament, you can replace them with almost equally good players.

High flyin' Habs*

Thorne said:
Yes, but you can put superstars to every line.
If players get hurt or something before the tournament, you can replace them with almost equally good players.

Does anybody know how much are there "official" hockey players in Canada? not just in the NHL but in the entire country?

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
smoothskater said:
Does anybody know how much are there "official" hockey players in Canada? not just in the NHL but in the entire country?

You know, we can't fill every line with superstars. But we can still fight though.

High flyin' Habs*

Jyssy said:
Game starts 2 a.m here. Im "feeling sick" and unfortunately i have to miss school tomorrow :lol

I wonder do the kids in your school talk about the final? is there some kind of fuss going on in your class or something??

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Jyssy said:
Game starts 2 a.m here. Im "feeling sick" and unfortunately i have to miss school tomorrow :lol

Way to go pal, you certainly have your priorities in order. Go Canada!!!!!

Canada 2 Gagné Sakic
Finland 1 Peltonen

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
smoothskater said:
I wonder do the kids in your school talk about the final? is there some kind of fuss going on in your class or something??
At my workplace, many have conspiciously empty calendars for tomorrow... I think I'll do some off-site work
:D

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
If Quinn is dumb (Matching lines again for Defensive purpose), it's gonna be a good game and a close game.

If the offense of Canada is free to play a good 2 way games like in the first 4 games, Kipper will be need to comes in a big way for Finland to stay in the game. Would still be an amazing game.

Finland can win but I dont see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad