World Cup Final: Sep 14 GDT - Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
SergeiK said:
Watching the first line play tonight, I´m pretty sure that Saku gave up before the game started.

Congratulations Canada.

Now it`s fact: capital of Finland is still Loserville.

Finns should be ashamed of themselves. Especially Selänne. Can`t wait the next interview where Selänne cries how NHL-coaches don`t understand how good player he is and how much he needs more ice-time.

I´m back to sleep

I'm sorry SergeiK, the Finns have nothing to be ashamed about. They're a great team.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Great entertainment.

Guess tonight is yet another example of how Marty Brodeur just happens to always play on good teams. Three Cups, Gold Medal, WC....Guy is so "lucky". :joker:

Likewise, to those here who have suggested Kipprusoff just got on a lucky hot streak this past NHL season: :shakehead

Yep, Mario is slow. And still brilliant.

Why I love hockey: the courage of Mikko Eloranta, knowing full well he was going to get clobbered by Regher.

Congrats to Canada...again. :handclap:

And now...fade to black. :innocent:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Congrats to Canada!

Strangest thing....Finland was actually better 5 on 5 and Canada had the better goaltending. I was expecting Finland to survive only on kipper, but in the final he was the sore spot. Second goal was a softy, like it or not. Overall it was very equal, Brodeur just won this one.

And I am sure we will NOT hear any cocky remarks after this game, since it was VERY close.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Trottier said:
Great entertainment.

Guess tonight is yet another example of how Marty Brodeur just happens to always play on good teams. Three Cups, Gold Medal, WC....Guy is so "lucky". :joker:

Likewise, to those here who have suggested Kipprusoff just got on a lucky hot streak this past NHL season: :shakehead

1st part is 100% true...Brodeur has always played on good teams. To the 2nd part, if it was'nt a lucky hot streak(coming from a goalie who played pretty damn bad the 2 seasons before), then what would you call it? Perhaps he'll be able to come close to repeating last season...but he could also return to his SJ form(posting 2.42 and then 3.25 GAA when given the chance to take the starting job). The point is, you can shake your head at people who think Kiprusoff was a fluke, but those people can shake their head right back at you for thinking he can repeat his performance.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Lecavlier is the Tourny MVP....Is this an attempt to build up a new icon, or does everyone truly feel he was the tournaments best player? I had others on my short list, including a few on the losing team, but thats okay :). Who would everyone else choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad