Toronto FC: World Cup Brazil/TFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hoilet on trial with the reds

Would be an awesome signing! Hopefully the club/player find a mutual fit. His contract ends at the end of the month and his future is up in the air, would be a nice coup for TFC. Hometown kid too

Feenom

Jan 15, 2003
Spliffton
Visit site
I don't think Spain are quite done yet, they have some really good young players on the rise and they will try to defend the Euros in 2016 so I think in 2 yrs they will go for one last run and hand it over to the youth uprising after that.

As for Croatia, I am a huge fan of Mandzukic and think he will push them through to the next round. He is a difference maker and will give the Mexican defenders fits all day long. (but he does have to beat Ochoa)

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
wow I've never seen an attacking midfielder with defensive workrate as high as James Rodriguez...I think its only a matter of time he becomes a top 3 player on the planet he's that good. The Colombians have a great young midfield with him and Quintero, I think they might win a World Cup soon

On a side note what a goal by Gervinho holy **** was that Ronaldo?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I think bosnia and croatia might be a tough matchup for anyone. Without the flop Croatia ties Brazil and without own goal, Bosnia ties Argentina.

Both these teams have skill and good workrates

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I think bosnia and croatia might be a tough matchup for anyone. Without the flop Croatia ties Brazil and without own goal, Bosnia ties Argentina.

Both these teams have skill and good workrates

Agree. Especially Croatia can be dangerous and go far. Top class players in all/most positions.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I use to play soccer as a kid, and teen. Watching these gAmes has me frustrated at times. Why don't these guys shoot!!! Why are they always trying that extra pass or move? So many times , I'm like, shooooot! But no, they try to make that extra move.

So frustrating. Japan should be winning.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I use to play soccer as a kid, and teen. Watching these gAmes has me frustrated at times. Why don't these guys shoot!!! Why are they always trying that extra pass or move? So many times , I'm like, shooooot! But no, they try to make that extra move.

So frustrating. Japan should be winning.

They should have been, but Greece is notorious for parking the bus. Down a man it was even more vital for them, which is hilarious because their best chances came after Katsouranis went off.

Leafspoison*

Jennifer Hedger just made a mistake on TSN. I don't think she did it maliciously, but when talking about the world cup, Hedger called a black player Barrotelli a "cheeky monkey".

She should be careful and I wonder if the world will explode now.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
well got 2 for 3 in results (11/20 now) and 3 scorers ( but none of the scores correct). Here are my predictions for tmrw:

Colombia 3-Cote D'Ivoire 1
James Rodriguez x 2, Ibarbo
Bony

Uruguay 2-England 1
Suarez x 2
Sturridge

Japan 1-Greece 0
Honda

went 2/3 again today and got the Uruguay-England score and almost everything for that game right didn't get Sturridge as England's scorer lol, that makes 13/23 so far on the tournament. Tmrw's predictions:

Italy 2-Costa Rica 1
Balotelli, Marchisio
Campbell

Switzerland 2-France 1
Shaqiri, Drmic
Benzema

Ecuador 2-Honduras 0
E. Valencia, A. Valencia

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jennifer Hedger just made a mistake on TSN. I don't think she did it maliciously, but when talking about the world cup, Hedger called a black player Barrotelli a "cheeky monkey".

She should be careful and I wonder if the world will explode now.

what?

It's a turn of phrase. It's not malicious at all :laugh:

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
Predictions for today:

Italy 2 (Balotelli, Pirlo) - Costa Rica 0

France 2 (Benzema, Griezmann) - Switzerland 1 (Shaqiri)

Ecuador 2 (E. Valencia, A. Valencia) - Honduras 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad