GDT: WCSF | VII | "How The West Was Won" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.20.24 | 7:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliketorock

May 23, 2021
He singled out a clip of McDavid getting his legs literally lifted out from under him. Calling out both sides is fine, but of course SN is gonna make him show a (imo not a dive) clip of McDavid because Toronto is so angsty about him.
I guess, he played a lot of clips of a lot of players. I'm not sure if it was a dive or not, but it id like to think one of the best skaters in the world wouldn't fall like that.

But I've been wrong before and ill be wrong again.

We can agree on Lets Go Oilers though :D

Reactions: T-Funk

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Something I've learned over the years, Jason NEVER admits he's wrong. He is too prideful to do that. Great advocator for charities and other goodwill things, but he get's SUPER arrogant when people try to 'challenge' him.
I heard him the other day say nobody was asking for goalie help at the deadline. Like what… loads of people did. I’m sure many called in to his show just to be shut down for suggesting it.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I heard him the other day say nobody was asking for goalie help at the deadline. Like what… loads of people did. I’m sure many called in to his show just to be shut down for suggesting it.

Ah, well, you're confused sir, it only matters if media like him are asking for goalie help, dontchaknow

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Something I've learned over the years, Jason NEVER admits he's wrong. He is too prideful to do that. Great advocator for charities and other goodwill things, but he get's SUPER arrogant when people try to 'challenge' him.
Gregor is the absolute worst. He often trys to take a contrary point to try and show how smart and well researched he is.

A perfect example is the stone ltir. Everyone and their mother knew this was pure Vegas cap shenanigans and of course he'd be ready game 1.

Dummy Gregor argued for weeks how serious the injury was to try and look knowledgeable about soenthing he has no knowledge over - medicine.

Our local sports reporting is garbage. I follow the bloggers, Athletic columnists that's it.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Gregor is the absolute worst. He often trys to take a contrary point to try and show how smart and well researched he is.

A perfect example is the stone ltir. Everyone and their mother knew this was pure Vegas cap shenanigans and of course he'd be ready game 1.

Dummy Gregor argued for weeks how serious the injury was to try and look knowledgeable about soenthing he has no knowledge over - medicine.

Our local sports reporting is garbage. I follow the bloggers, Athletic columnists that's it.
And lo and behold the Stone spleen injury required no surgical intervention, was classed as one of the least serious of spleen injuries. And so much of the media ASSUMED it was super duper serious.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
8kvpif.jpg

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

In all fairness we absolutely dominated game 3 with Rooney having the whistle. Hopefully Skinner shows up tonight tho...

As an Oiler fan I would love nothing more but I have a better chance of winning 649 AND going on a date with Paige Spirinac than Brown scoring twice tonight.

Edit - I’d consider giving up those lottery wins for even one Brown goal tonight. Not dealing on the date though. Heh heh.
Paige isn't even attractive lol. Just another blonde with big boobs and alot of make up 🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: elmeroil

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
A week from today, I'll be traveling to Quebec City and meet up with a friend. We planned this months ago (way back in February). As soon as the plans were made, we both said we'll be watching Edmonton Oiler hockey in Quebec City when I get there.

The boys will be on a mission tonight and will eek out a 3-1 victory to punch a ticket into the WCF

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

He does this all the time and the reason I can’t listen to him. He tries to spew stats and advanced analytics but he does so incorrectly. He cherry picks numbers and stats and never uses them in the right context.

I remember when Tippett was on the verge of being fired- Gregor said that Woodcroft would make no difference. When presented with facts about the their is a world of difference in how the two coaches uses the neutral zone- he argued against it. Woodcroft comes in- has great success - Gregor plagiarizes an article Bruck Curlock put out about Woodcroft’s neutral zone play the day he was hired. He was called out for it too

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
In all fairness we absolutely dominated game 3 with Rooney having the whistle. Hopefully Skinner shows up tonight tho...

Paige isn't even attractive lol. Just another blonde with big boobs and alot of make up 🤣🤣
Perhaps.

Maybe in the same way that Connor McDavid is just another hockey player with skates and a stick and a lot of skill.

To each their own I say.

:)

Reactions: Zerotonine

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

Sounds a lot like some posters on this board.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
A week from today, I'll be traveling to Quebec City and meet up with a friend. We planned this months ago (way back in February). As soon as the plans were made, we both said we'll be watching Edmonton Oiler hockey in Quebec City when I get there.

The boys will be on a mission tonight and will eek out a 3-1 victory to punch a ticket into the WCF
One way or the other it will be good. Quebec City is a beautiful place--only been there once.

I've never seen the GDT so edgy, it's like relativity where time has slowed down for Oiler fans. Hopefully the players aren't as nervous as we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad