Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
How has Nieto looked? He seems to be putting up the pts, who is he playing with now?

As 210 said, he looks very comfortable with the pro game. He's been solid in all 3 zones, his offensive instincts are very apparent. I honestly don't think he'll be spending all of next season in Worcester.

How was Schwartz today??

Schwartz was good for his first pro game. He's surprisingly strong on the puck and he's another one where you can see the offensive talent he has. He could turn out to be a very, very good UFA signing.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As 210 said, he looks very comfortable with the pro game. He's been solid in all 3 zones, his offensive instincts are very apparent. I honestly don't think he'll be spending all of next season in Worcester.

Schwartz was good for his first pro game. He's surprisingly strong on the puck and he's another one where you can see the offensive talent he has. He could turn out to be a very, very good UFA signing.

Man that sure is promising.

Outside of Nieto do you see any other Forwards playing in SJ next year? Stalberg, Hamilton, or anyone else?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Man that sure is promising.

Outside of Nieto do you see any other Forwards playing in SJ next year? Stalberg, Hamilton, or anyone else?

Depending on what direction the club decides to go in the offseason, there are quite a few players who could see some NHL time. I think Hamilton, Tarasov, Schwartz could possibly see a few games and I still like what I see in Oleksuk even if he's having a hard time offensively. If they re-sign Viedensky (and he can manage to stay healthy) he's another that could get that 'cup of coffee' with San Jose.

I'm not saying Nieto is going to make the team out of camp or even spend much time with the big club, but I see him taking something closer to the Couture path to the NHL rather then the McGinn path.

germanshark1311

Jan 9, 2011
Depending on what direction the club decides to go in the offseason, there are quite a few players who could see some NHL time. I think Hamilton, Tarasov, Schwartz could possibly see a few games and I still like what I see in Oleksuk even if he's having a hard time offensively. If they re-sign Viedensky (and he can manage to stay healthy) he's another that could get that 'cup of coffee' with San Jose.

I'm not saying Nieto is going to make the team out of camp or even spend much time with the big club, but I see him taking something closer to the Couture path to the NHL rather then the McGinn path.

Whats the strenghts (Penalty kill, Forecheck,....) of Hamilton? Do you think Acolatse or Doherty could get a #7 or ##8 spot?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Whats the strenghts (Penalty kill, Forecheck,....) of Hamilton? Do you think Acolatse or Doherty could get a #7 or ##8 spot?

Hamilton's value lies in his defensive game and PK abilities...he's above average in both of those areas. However, I think his vision (playmaking) is underrated and he still has more offensive upside then he's been showing, though he's been steadily improving in that area in Worcester this year. He should turn out to be an ideal 3rd liner.

If the Sharks are going to bring up a "kid" as a 7th d-man it'll likely be Petrecki (who's been good recently) if they re-sign him. Acolatse could use a bit more time in the AHL, though he's getting close. Doherty - no.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
chris lalancette ‏@Lalancette12 1m
Landed at worcester! Go to the DCU tomorrow morning ! #AHL #sharks

Lalancette on an ATO?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
4/9/13 WorSharks 3, @Bridgeport 0

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks' Alex Stalock sharp in shutout

From ctpost.com:
Sound Tigers shut out

From Sharkspage.com:
Stalock, WorSharks blank Sound Tigers 3-0

From sharksahl.com:
Stalock hits 75 with 32 save shutout

From soundtigers.com:
Sharks blank Sound Tigers

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

Wow, Nieto with another goal? Sounds like he's doing great! 210, how does he rate against the other forwards on the team?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
SFBulls 9:51am via HootSuite Happy birthday to both Thomas Heemskerk and Simon Danis-Pepin. Who would like to administer the birthday punches?

I'd imagine both looking for a win against Alaska tonight in game 3 of series (tied 1-1). Game 4 tomorrow; game 5 Saturday.

Speed

Jan 7, 2004
Holden, MA
www.sharksboosters.com
So, 210/Speed, how was the booster club banquet?

Oops sorry about that!
http://www.sharkspage.com/?p=6173

The Worcester Sharks Booster Club held their 7th annual teams award ceremony Wednesday night at the DCU Center. The winners were:

Best offensive player: Bracken Kearns

Best defensive player: Sena Acolatse

“Tough Guy†award: Matt Pelech

Fan favorite: Alex Stalock

Rookie of the year: Daniil Tarasov

Seventh player award: James Livingston

Best single game performance: Harri Sateri, for his 50 save shootout win vs Providence on December 2, 2012

Most valuable player: Bracken Kearns

Voting was done in late March by Booster Club members. Each winner received a commemorative trophy.

Pics here:
http://sharksboosters.com/BoosterAwards.html
http://sharksboosters.com/Party1213.html

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Thanks Speed.

I actually wanted to ask about Tarasov. I know he started off hot but then got back to earth with 24 points in 37 games.

How is he looking now that he has played a decent amount of games in Worcester? Does he have a realistic chance to make it to the NHL in a top-6 role?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Thanks Speed.

I actually wanted to ask about Tarasov. I know he started off hot but then got back to earth with 24 points in 37 games.

How is he looking now that he has played a decent amount of games in Worcester? Does he have a realistic chance to make it to the NHL in a top-6 role?

Tarasov has been really, really good since his re-call from the Bulls. His skating and puck skills are good, he tends to make things happen when he's on the ice.

It's still too soon to know if he has a "realistic" chance to be an NHLer, but if he does make it it'll be as a scoring winger.

His PPG (as a rookie coming out of the USHL) and shots per game have him on pace with some other players who could play a top 6 role so he's certainly progressing in the right direction.

Speed

Jan 7, 2004
Holden, MA
www.sharksboosters.com
Thanks Speed.

I like Tarasov a lot. Realistically I think he has a good change in making the NHL. Top-6 I'm not quite so sure yet, but he is going in that direction. He gets a nice jump on the play and has a great wrist/snap shot and isn't afraid to shoot. A matter of fact we scream at a lot of our players to shoot the damn puck instead of passing, but I can't recall too many instances of that being directwed towards him. He'll be on SJ's radar during the pre-season for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad