Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Bridgeport does that a couple times a year for some school thing they do...Worcester looked into doing one too but decided against it.

Interesting. If I lived closer I would have liked to go to that game.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Is there any way to summarize how bad Worcester has been playing right now besides coaching? Why are they getting beaten so badly?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Is there any way to summarize how bad Worcester has been playing right now besides coaching? Why are they getting beaten so badly?

The team is lacking in testicular fortitude...as soon as something goes wrong they fall apart. The system they play, which is the same one as they use in SJ, wouldn't work in pee-wee. There are no "stud" goal scorers on the team.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Worcester (finally) signed Riley Brace to an ATO. He's going to be interesting to watch.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Who is Riley Brace?? Why is it about time??

He was very good at the development camp last summer and had an outstanding season in Miss. It looks like he's gonna get a good look before they offer him an ELC but his season had to end before he could sign an ATO.

He should bring some good offense to Worcester.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
The team is lacking in testicular fortitude...as soon as something goes wrong they fall apart. The system they play, which is the same one as they use in SJ, wouldn't work in pee-wee. There are no "stud" goal scorers on the team.

Which system? The grind it out, super conservative, dump and chase piece of crap or the brand new, north-south, score on the rush one they are using recently?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Which system? The grind it out, super conservative, dump and chase piece of crap or the brand new, north-south, score on the rush one they are using recently?

I see you're familiar with it :laugh:

You could have also added "never have anyone in front of the net and make brain dead passes on the power play". I also hate the drop/back pass while on the PP. It's worked exactly zero times this season (well, for Worcester...it works great for the opponents).

And while I'm on my soapbox, one other things that irks the heck out of me about the way the WorSharks play; they are forever passing the puck to a guy skating in the wrong direction or who is covered.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I see you're familiar with it :laugh:

You could have also added "never have anyone in front of the net and make brain dead passes on the power play". I also hate the drop/back pass while on the PP. It's worked exactly zero times this season (well, for Worcester...it works great for the opponents).

And while I'm on my soapbox, one other things that irks the heck out of me about the way the WorSharks play; they are forever passing the puck to a guy skating in the wrong direction or who is covered.

Sounds exactly like what the Sharks were doing. You would think the org would go "So the old system lost us pretty much every game, and the few we won were either in overtime or tight... this new system we are winning every game in regulation, and the fans are not booing constantly! Let's leave Worcester the way it is though".
Makes tons of sense...

Dunno if you watch many SJ games, but the Sharks have been playing a run and gun system for about 7 games now. It's a transition focused system that encourages fast zone entries and shoot-first. In the offensive zone they either skate the puck in or chip it deep, if they skate it in the shoot and crash the net hard. If the recover the puck then they slide it around to the open side and send it to the net, then crash the net. Defensively they are super aggresive on the puck carrier and blocking passing lanes.

Frankly, it's exactly the system I would use with this team, I just don't understand why they were not doing this before. Also, why they haven't told Worcester to use it.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Unless something changes in the next few hours...

Hockey ops here is throwing in the towel, and it will be rookies and ATO guys from here on out.

Sivak is heading back to SF for the ECHL playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad