WJC's

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Man going through this thread people overrate the WJC way to much. Anyone remember Lazar?

Definitely people overrate this tournament, but it is best on best so I get it.

Pelletier IMO has been one of the better Team Canada players. Relentless on the forecheck and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Guys like Perfetti get way more opportunities (PP, more 5 on 5 icetime) and have looked like ass IMO. Pelletier impresses in the right way

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I have liked Pelt's game though, he's got more bite than I thought.

Funny, reading the scouting reports, I would have thought Zary is a safer player but based on this tournament, I am convinced Pelletier will be an NHLer. Dude has character and energy. He can fit in anywhere from top to bottom 6.

That's not to say Zary wont be one. I am just more impressed with Pelletier

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Funny, reading the scouting reports, I would have thought Zary is a safer player but based on this tournament, I am convinced Pelletier will be an NHLer. Dude has character and energy. He can fit in anywhere from top to bottom 6.

That's not to say Zary wont be one. I am just more impressed with Pelletier

agreed. I don’t think many people is over hyping anyone.

Zary- there is a lot to work with there. He’s fast, he’s in the right position to be involved. He just hasn’t shown much finish or ability to slow the game down. Understandable considering he’s never played at this level, is playing a new position, isn’t getting much ice time. I don’t think he’s been great but he hasn’t been bad considering his role.

Pelletier-I don’t know how you can’t love his tournament. He’s been a puck hound. The amount of puck he’s not only stolen, but turned into scoring chances is insane. Kinda reminds me of Mangiapane at this point in his career. He’s among the scoring leaders despite not being on the PP. he’s on the first PK unit and has been dynamite. Outside of Cozens he’s been the best forward for Canada so far IMO (Krebs too).

Kuznetsov-He’s solid in his own zone. Great at stopping the cycle.Coach loves him. He’s playing big minutes. I just don’t see anything other than maybe a #6D. Maybe he’s just really young and can still improve his puck skills and offensive abilities.

Reactions: DFF

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
A stat that surprised me is that Pelletier is tied for 3rd on this team in 5v5 scoring (ahead of the likes of Perfetti, McMichael, and Newhook to name a few) despite playing way less 5 on 5 and being stapled to Byfield who was invisible for half the tournament.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Kuznetsov is eligable for next year, right? You'd think he'd have a bigger role by then, and we'll know more about what we have with him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Pelletier has really shown off his best hockey asset this tournament: his killer instinct. He might not be particularly elite at any one facet of the game but when he smells a scoring opportunity he knows what to do.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Definitely people overrate this tournament, but it is best on best so I get it.

Pelletier IMO has been one of the better Team Canada players. Relentless on the forecheck and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Guys like Perfetti get way more opportunities (PP, more 5 on 5 icetime) and have looked like ass IMO. Pelletier impresses in the right way
I’ve always been crazy high on Pelletier, you’ll see that through the threads I said he’s a poor mans Marchand since the day we drafted him. But it definitely helps I’ve had the pleasure to see him live 50 times.

Reactions: DirtDiver

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Kuznetsov doesn't seem like a classic Treliving 2nd rounder but I guess Poirier kind of fits in that mold

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I thought Kuznetsov had an excellent game against Germany today though. It’ll be interesting to see how he looks next year.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Zary draws 3C duties tonight between Perfetti and Krebs. Should be a good opportunity

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Zary is really strong when protecting the puck for a smaller (skinnier) guy. I wonder what he looks like in a few years with added muscle.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
agreed. I don’t think many people is over hyping anyone.

Zary- there is a lot to work with there. He’s fast, he’s in the right position to be involved. He just hasn’t shown much finish or ability to slow the game down. Understandable considering he’s never played at this level, is playing a new position, isn’t getting much ice time. I don’t think he’s been great but he hasn’t been bad considering his role.

Pelletier-I don’t know how you can’t love his tournament. He’s been a puck hound. The amount of puck he’s not only stolen, but turned into scoring chances is insane. Kinda reminds me of Mangiapane at this point in his career. He’s among the scoring leaders despite not being on the PP. he’s on the first PK unit and has been dynamite. Outside of Cozens he’s been the best forward for Canada so far IMO (Krebs too).

Kuznetsov-He’s solid in his own zone. Great at stopping the cycle.Coach loves him. He’s playing big minutes. I just don’t see anything other than maybe a #6D. Maybe he’s just really young and can still improve his puck skills and offensive abilities.

Zary new position? He plays center for Kamloops the past 3 years.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I have no doubt that if Newhook is back for the next game Zary will be the 13th forward again. After this game that would be beyond stupid, Suzuki and Quinn have both been bad for all but one game each but their play doesn't seem to catch up with them.

Today I thought he was better and far safer than like 5 of the current top 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00