WJC's

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Zary had been asked to play LW in a 4th line role. That is a new position for him. Yesterday he played 3C.
I know it's semantics, but Zary is a natural C, so it's not a new position, it's only a new position on Team Canada (which has quite a few of it's wingers being converted centermen)

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I know it's semantics, but Zary is a natural C, so it's not a new position, it's only a new position on Team Canada (which has quite a few of it's wingers being converted centermen)
He's talking about LW being the new position not Center.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Baffled by the lack of love for Kusnetsov. He has been the go to defensive defenseman for the Russians all tournament, typically playing against opposing top guys, and he has a real nasty streak that has been evident. I think he is going to be a very solid NHL player. His offense is still entirely undeveloped IMO. Could be someone who works in a booming shot with his frame.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I have no doubt that if Newhook is back for the next game Zary will be the 13th forward again. After this game that would be beyond stupid, Suzuki and Quinn have both been bad for all but one game each but their play doesn't seem to catch up with them.

Today I thought he was better and far safer than like 5 of the current top 12.

Jack Quinn was the worst Canadian forward last game so naturally he moves up the lineup.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Not much of a prospects guy but I haven't even heard of Canada's goalies in passing. They seem to have nowhere near the hype that Askarov, Wolf, or Knight have

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Baffled by the lack of love for Kusnetsov.
I'm in the same boat. Kuznetsov is still young, but is a standout defensively. If he finds some offence in his game, he's a top 4 D I think, if he doesn't he'll be that steady 5/6 guy.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
As a long-time QMJHL fan, I can't resist to ask Flames' fans: ''How do you like Pelletier?'' :naughty:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As a long-time QMJHL fan, I can't resist to ask Flames' fans: ''How do you like Pelletier?'' :naughty:
giphy.gif

Having himself a very nice tourney. Moved up from the 3rd line to the 1st.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Pelletier is very good at lifting peoples sticks without taking hooking penalties. He's picked multiple guys pockets this game.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I've been intrigued by him for a while. Life got busy so I haven't nerded out our prospects like I have in previous years.

Pelletier is very good at lifting peoples sticks without taking hooking penalties. He's picked multiple guys pockets this game.

Le Petit pick-pocket Pelletier?

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

he is Mark Stone in terms of stealing pucks. It is incredible. 2 a game that lead to scoring chances it seems.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Remember when everyone doubted his upside? I remember.

To be fair, I think he stopped growing taller a while ago. ;)

Honestly speaking, I didn't really know who he was when we drafted him. I was busy with things and didn't follow the draft at all. I do recall that Button and co were quite excited to draft him. Like he was top 10-15 calibre or something and only fell to us due to size and injuries. The more I read about him the week after the draft, the more interesting he became. I've been excited to see him on the big stage since we drafted him.

Yes, he's described as basically something in between Gallagher and Marchand, but another odd thing that was mentioned in some clips were that his coaches said while he's not the fastest, he never seems to slow down once he gets to speed. He will get knocked down and bounce back up as quickly as he fell and go right back to where the puck is. I believe he's more than that and if you guys are correct, he isn't perfectly described with Gallagher's and Marchand's play style. He's supposedly a pinball puck magnet. That's why there were discussions he was a potential top 10-15 pick in the first place. I didn't get a change to watch him at the WJC, but I look forward to seeing what he does in camp. :)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pelletier reminds me of a young Marchand without the piss and vinegar.

Just insanely smart, solid skating and with super underrated talent. I think Calgary found themselves a really, really good one in Jakob. He’s going to be an NHLer in short order, and there’s a chance he’s a big gamer too.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Not much of a prospects guy but I haven't even heard of Canada's goalies in passing. They seem to have nowhere near the hype that Askarov, Wolf, or Knight have
Probably because they’re behind arguably the best WJC roster in over a decade. They don’t deserve the hype of any of those guys.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Probably because they’re behind arguably the best WJC roster in over a decade. They don’t deserve the hype of any of those guys.

Insane that this team is missing an NHL top 6 caliber centre as well :laugh:, and the big star opted out of the tournament.
This could have easily been the greatest team Canada assembled at the junior level had Dach still be in and Lafreniere joined the club, they just dominate people at 5v5, and would be doing even more of that.

That said, it has given some of the guys (like Jakob) more room to grow because they are missing a couple weapons.

Reactions: Flamesfan62

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Fetisov said not one Russian player would have made Canada this year!! Jeez they are pissed in Russia lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00