WJC's

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Honestly the deepest group of forwards I’ve seen for Canada too.

Also I’ve been saying since last WJC Stutzle was 2nd overall (he was ranked 8th was the highest I saw at that point). LA made a big mistake passing on him.
Also had Lundell at 4 (saw him ranked as low as 18) someone just give me a scouting job already jeez

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
They were also given/chosen 9 and 12 as numbers. It's like they know they're flames prospects so take Lanny and Iggy's numbers. Quite cool

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

Also I’ve been saying since last WJC Stutzle was 2nd overall (he was ranked 8th was the highest I saw at that point). LA made a big mistake passing on him.
Also had Lundell at 4 (saw him ranked as low as 18) someone just give me a scouting job already jeez

A little early to pat yourself on the back I think. It was after Byfields not so great WJC that the arguement became stronger for Stutz at #2, but there were already some rankings that were putting him high before the tourny. We have no idea how either will perform this WJC, and even if one did rip it up, that's no indication of an NHL career.
As for wanting Lundell at #4...I think that is/was high. You stick by your guns though, so I give you credit for that!

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island

I’d have to strongly disagree with that. Stutzle is highly overrated. And I don’t see how you could argue with Lundell at 4, highest I’d put him is 8.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Team Canada plays the lone exhibition tonight against Russia.

Looks like:
Quinn - Cozens - Dach
Holloway - Newhook - Pelletier
Perfetti - McMichael - Krebs
Zary - Byfield - Suzuki
Mercer

Unbelievably stacked.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Zary had a great game.

Pelletier is a keeper.

Kuznetsov I missed early but he was excellent in the third. I think he earned more time as the game went on.

Askarov is a human wall

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Wolf played the 3rd period against Finland after the score was 3-2 U.S.

He looked very comfortable, but wasn't really challenged in stopping 7 shots.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I was more impressed with Connor Zary yesterday. He played a very strong 200 ft game. Very fast player and not afraid to get in there and muck about.

I didn't really notice Pelletier that much although I did miss the 1st period. When I did notice him I was impressed with his skating.

I totally forgot about Kuznetsov and didn't watch for him.

Of the parts of the two games I did watch, I came away impressed by the Finns (even if they did lose). They looked like a team of Valimaki's. A consistent size it seemed, skated well, and weren't shy about body checking. I can see them being a handful in this tournament.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I was more impressed with Connor Zary yesterday. He played a very strong 200 ft game. Very fast player and not afraid to get in there and muck about.

I didn't really notice Pelletier that much although I did miss the 1st period. When I did notice him I was impressed with his skating.

I totally forgot about Kuznetsov and didn't watch for him.

Of the parts of the two games I did watch, I came away impressed by the Finns (even if they did lose). They looked like a team of Valimaki's. A consistent size it seemed, skated well, and weren't shy about body checking. I can see them being a handful in this tournament.

Ya, both players had much better 1st's....I had to purposefully look for Pelletier after that, seems he's always the 1st one off when that line is out. I was surprised he made a few hits too.
Kuz looked steady, and big.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kuznetsov is playing in the top six tonight so he should get a regular shift.

edit nvm: 1 of 7. Not sure where in the lineup he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad