GDT: WJC: United States Vs Slovakia | December 26th @ 7:30PM MT

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Not feeling too confident about this years team. Not enough skill imo.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
congrats USA for the win

Slovakia had a good third and poor 2nd. They showed they belong and it could go differently down the road. Also, Nemec wasn't hurt so there is that! (reference to Jiricek getting hurt).

Another Czech and Slovak double header tomorrow! Good luck against Sweden.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
The Slovakian team is going to be a headache for the next few years at this tournament. Another year on Nemec, Slafkovsky, Dvorsky, Mesar, Petrovsky is going to be huge and they probably bring their second best 2023 eligible in Ciernik next year who is in my top 15.

Reactions: Pomee and stastny12

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Well, I'm glad I didn't go to sleep after the second. Hope the rest of the tournament continues in the vein of the third period for us.

Would feel kinda strange to get points after the 2nd period. Good and fair game, US. Congrats and good night.

The Slovak boys battled hard and made it a good game in the 3rd. Carried the play for large segments of it.

Something to build off.

Reactions: Pomee

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not feeling too confident about this years team. Not enough skill imo.

I was kinda thinking the same thing watching the US tonight. A guy like Beniers is a 2nd overall pick, but he doesnt have your stereotypical 2nd overall skill level. I would maybe consider Hughes the most pure skill guy out there but thought he actually looked pretty rough with turnovers and stuff tonight. Doesnt seem like theres a guy that is going to be counted on to go out on a powerplay and bury one when the States need it

Reactions: bsu and Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I was kinda thinking the same thing watching the US tonight. A guy like Beniers is a 2nd overall pick, but he doesnt have your stereotypical 2nd overall skill level. I would maybe consider Hughes the most pure skill guy out there but thought he actually looked pretty rough with turnovers and stuff tonight. Doesnt seem like theres a guy that is going to be counted on to go out on a powerplay and bury one when the States need it
Hughes has the talent, but is still very young and imo isn't used that well to play/contribute to his full potential on this team (No PP, Third pairing/7th D, playing on the PK). I expected this usage with more experienced guys in front of him on D, but it's a little disappointing. I expect he'll have a way bigger role next year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
They could have really used Jacob Perreault... too bad he had visa issue.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Nemec had a terrible game. He took a stupid penalty while already man down and was a turnover machine.
Slafkovsky if not for his size and one deke that hit the post no one would notice.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Entertaining game and strong 3rd period by the Slovaks.

Those boys and their fans can hold their heads high. That was an excellent effort by them.

The Yanks are just a more talented team but the Slovaks we’re competing hard especially in the 3rd.

Yanks? Are you a silly English person? Can you take back Prince Harry?

Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad