GDT: WJC: United States Vs Slovakia | December 26th @ 7:30PM MT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
674fCh3.jpg

*Time listed aboved is NZDT.... did it really have to show it local time?

full

USA
Confirmed Tournament Roster

USA.jpg

full

Slovakia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

SVK.jpg

Do not ask for or provide links to ANY illegal streams

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Slovakia with the upset? Could probably happen. I´m excited to see Nemec and others, especially Dvorsky, Slafkovsky and Mesar.

Reactions: Pomee

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
With all due respect to Slovakia I see this as a trap game for the U.S. The U.S. needs to be committed to strong team defense and stay disciplined. Going to need to see some of these players with draft pedigree step up on the scoresheet as well. Not a ton of natural playmakers so that may be a challenge. I'll go 4-2 U.S.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
This game should give us a good indication of how Team USA will do in this tournament. On paper, it's a much weaker team than last year's Gold Medal winners, but until the puck is dropped you just never know how a team will come together.

As always, I love watching the team, as I've watched so many of these guys play here in Plymouth for the US NTDP.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I already know the U.S defense is good, what I am interested to see is just how much offensive firepower they have, my hunch after their prelim game is that it is not the strength of their team this year.

But maybe this game will not be the best one to judge that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I already know the U.S defense is good, what I am interested to see is just how much offensive firepower they have, my hunch after their prelim game is that it is not the strength of their team this year.

But maybe this game will not be the best one to judge that.

No, I think that is the reality. Team defense will likely be the hallmark of this year's team. I don't see many gifted playmakers on this team and that may be an issue. Guys like Cooley are going to need to step up.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
No, I think that is the reality. Team defense will likely be the hallmark of this year's team. I don't see many gifted playmakers on this team and that may be an issue. Guys like Cooley are going to need to step up.
I think they still could take this thing but coaching will be important maybe a little more then usual. I really like the defense, the offense not so much but it could be good enough to get the job done if they all play tight 2 way hockey and make the most of the opportunities they do generate and make teams pay for mistakes.I don't know what to think about their goaltending yet.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
They certainly have it in the following years, but this year Slovakia is the youngest team in the tournament. I wouldn't hold high hopes for them yet.
I believe we have split the last 2 meetings with the US at the WJC. This is our best team ever. We have a drafted player who was 6th in WHL scoring when he left for camp as our 4th line C. Every other year a player like that would be our first line C. Still, USA should win this game. I would like to see our guys try and get a point though.

Reactions: Czechboy

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think they still could take this thing but coaching will be important maybe a little more then usual. I really like the defense, the offense not so much but it could be good enough to get the job done if they all play tight 2 way hockey and make the most of the opportunities they do generate and make teams pay for mistakes.I don't know what to think about their goaltending yet.

Leaman is a good coach but repeating in this tournament is very tough. So much turnover (typically). I think he's up to the challenge to get the most out of this team defensively but scoring may be a problem. Commesso in goal is really the only option. Talented goalie who has had a difficult year.

Reactions: jj cale

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Youngest, most WJC experienced, tallest and heaviest.

It’s all that Bryndzové Halušky that your lads eat.

Slovak teams are always the biggest team at this tournament, some serious skill and talent this year as well.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve looked forward to watching a Slovak team as much as I am this year.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Really like the look of the Slovaks.
US are always good and are the fav to win this.

I say 4-3 Slovaks in a bit of an upset.

Reactions: Pomee

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

While defense is the strength of Team USA they have enough scoring to get the job done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad