GDT: WJC: United States Vs Slovakia | December 26th @ 7:30PM MT

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Great is different that very good or do you really think Sanderson looked as good as the other 2 guys on the day?

You are one of the guys proclaiming Sanderson as a godsend so maybe you can tone down the Kool-Aid a bit if he doesn't look like the best Dman in the world for his age group on a day.

Anyone who doesn't share your views seem to live rent free in your head, give it a rest you mind find some epace.

I don't need to "think" anything. I posted a plethora of markers from the game where Sanderson made great plays. You did nothing but spew baseless opinions. Our "views" are not the same. Just cause you spew random nonsense doesn't mean it holds the same merit. Sanderson played a flawless game. They literally couldn't enter the zone from his side except less than a handful of times.

His offensive game hasn't been nearly as efficient as the others, I agree there, but he was more proficient in neutral and defensive zone far more than they were, hence he was on same level.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don't need to "think" anything. I posted a plethora of markers from the game where Sanderson made great plays. You did nothing but spew baseless opinions. Our "views" are not the same. Just cause you spew random nonsense doesn't mean it holds the same merit. Sanderson played a flawless game. They literally couldn't enter the zone from his side except less than a handful of times.

His offensive game hasn't been nearly as efficient as the others, I agree there, but he was more proficient in neutral and defensive zone far more than they were, hence he was on same level.

His defense has never been in question, it's how his offense will translate and how he will be as an overall Dman and his overall impact but keep on going that he was on the same level as the other 2 guys, especially Edvinsson.

Like I said your hype wasn't seen he was still excellent defensively but not on the same level as the other 2 guys I mentioned on the day that looked like men against boys on the day.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
His defense has never been in question, it's how his offense will translate and how he will be as an overall Dman and his overall impact but keep on going that he was on the same level as the other 2 guys, especially Edvinsson.

Like I said your hype wasn't seen he was still excellent defensively but not on the same level as the other 2 guys I mentioned on the day that looked like men against boys on the day.

Question for you. Have you watched Sanderson at all in College? I am curious. You know he had better offensive season than Power last year with minimal PP time vs Power's 1st unit time right? You know that Sanderson is outproducing Power offensively(relative to division, teammates etc) this year right? You know that Sanderson has double the goal total of Power in College this year, right?

You know that team USA coach a week ago called Sanderson the best player in College, right? You think he'd call him that just for defense? You know that until this year, Edvisson's offense was a huge question mark, right? I was among the very few posters who continuously said Edvisson's offense is perfectly capable and he will be/could be considered the best defender from 2021 draft. Go back to the Edvisson thread and see my posts, I was even criticized for my take on Edvisson's offensive ability. I even predicted Detroit will take him.

You are making it seem like I'm just hyping my guy. I've been(or tried to be) objective on all. Your post history shows you are intentionally trying to downplay Sanderson cause you continue to make baseless opinions. Why? God knows.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Question for you. Have you watched Sanderson at all in College? I am curious. You know he had better offensive season than Power last year with minimal PP time vs Power's 1st unit time right? You know that Sanderson is outproducing Power offensively(relative to division, teammates etc) this year right? You know that Sanderson has double the goal total of Power in College this year, right?

You know that team USA coach a week ago called Sanderson the best player in College, right? You think he'd call him that just for defense? You know that until this year, Edvisson's offense was a huge question mark, right? I was among the very few posters who continuously said Edvisson's offense is perfectly capable and he will be/could be considered the best defender from 2021 draft. Go back to the Edvisson thread and see my posts, I was even criticized for my take on Edvisson's offensive ability. I even predicted Detroit will take him.

You are making it seem like I'm just hyping my guy. I've been(or tried to be) objective on all. Your post history shows you are intentionally trying to downplay Sanderson cause you continue to make baseless opinions. Why? God knows.

I have been very specific in terms of offense and I watched him very closely against the Slovaks and I still think that his offense won't translate into anything special on the enxt level.

Chris Tanev is a monster defensively in the NHL and look at the love he gets.

All around Dmen are the stars and I just think his offense will make him less a star than you think and we can agree to disagree on this.

Maybe he will show more as the tournament goes on I just didn't see the same level on the night compared to the other 2 guys and heck I think Power is over rated at times but he was a monster offensively on Sunday night.

Edvisson was even better and against a better Russian team as well.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I have been very specific in terms of offense and I watched him very closely against the Slovaks and I still think that his offense won't translate into anything special on the enxt level.

So you haven't watched him at all in College and outside of that one game where he didn't need to generate offense with his team up by 2-3 goals most of the game against a solid Slovak team. Also you clearly didn't watch the game. Look at 1:04:00 of the link I posted, as good an offensive possession than anything Edvisson did. If he gets a bit better lane to the net then all your posts evaporate into thin air.

We done here.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So you haven't watched him at all in College and outside of that one game where he didn't need to generate offense with his team up by 2-3 goals most of the game against a solid Slovak team. Also you clearly didn't watch the game. Look at 1:04:00 of the link I posted, as good an offensive possession than anything Edvisson did. If he gets a bit better lane to the net then all your posts evaporate into thin air.

We done here.
Sure he looks great at the 1:04:00 but the Slovaks are at the end of a long shift and why just look at one shift, I'm taking about the while game and his offense is and will be behind other top Dmen his age.

I have watched parts of his game in college but I like many on these threads do this weird thing called work so no I can't watch alot of games and I doubt that you do either of all the prospects.

But you are right we are done here.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sure he looks great at the 1:04:00 but the Slovaks are at the end of a long shift

Lmaooooo no they weren't. The literally had an entire shift change 20 seconds before Sanderson did that. You can't even comprehend what you are watching with instant replay available to you. Good Lord Almighty.

You don't even know what play im referring to. It as 1:04:27. Slovaks change 1:04:00 and later. You just on an insane roll aren't you. You can't make this stuff up, lol. Well.. apparently you can.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Lmaooooo no they weren't. The literally had an entire shift change 20 seconds before Sanderson did that. You can't even comprehend what you are watching with instant replay available to you. Good Lord Almighty.

You don't even know what play im referring to. It as 1:04:27. Slovaks change 1:04:00 and later. You just on an insane roll aren't you. You can't make this stuff up, lol. Well.. apparently you can.

It appears that the forwards shifted at 103:50 so it's actually closer to 40 seconds than 20.

Do you really want to argue over the semantics of a line change, (#8 for the Slovaks was caught out a really long time and already made a dumb play on an earlier breakout (104:14) in the same shift and he is still out after the play by Sanderson) it's a play and I really don't care what he did in college I'm watching him as a 19 year old in the WJHC and one shift isn't going to change my impression of the whole game, his offense doesn't really stand out at this level and I don't think that it translates to the NHL as anything special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad