WJC Semifinal: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Was Enroth that bad to get pulled? I'm only listening to the radio but 2 breakaways and a just a nice play by Cherepanov? Is it just to try to spark Team Sweden or has he been bad?

Well 1st and 3rd goal he wasn't even in his net.

Kaktus*

My god.. I am sorry but one Russian player can go around 2-3 Swedes.. Seriously.. The skating is amazing.. Maybe they are tired? but after 1st goal by Russians Swedes had 3 good shift maybe 5

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Wow, my first oppurtunity to see Cherpanov...oh boy is he good. In fact his entire line is awesome. It may just be Sweden's rather passive defenders (trying to poke check when you can just throw a hit) but these Russian's are just dancing around them. Really fun to watch.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Yeah, Bäckström has sucked through this tournament. He needs to wake the hell up.

Well, he aint on the bustlevel as Daigle, but he definately haven't been playing a good game today.

Anyway, i have a sollution for the swedes to score: Stop playing ping pong in the corners, get people infront of the net, and shoot the fricking puck!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Yeah, Bäckström has sucked through this tournament. He needs to wake the hell up.

I'm watching the game and I haven't seen Backstrom miss a pass, his linemates (and Sweden's forwards) are slow and ineffective against the Russian defense.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If you skate through the slot with the puck and you ONLY get hit like that count yourself lucky. That´s no penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad