WJC Semifinal: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
This should be a very interesting game. I am very worried how our big and slow defencemen are going to handle Cherepanov and Co.

Prediction: Russia wins, 3-1.

Last edited:

maccin

Oct 19, 2006
Gävle
I say tonight Bäckström starts to produce, and with that 1+2 he'll lead sweden to the gold medal game, 4-2

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Hm, Sweden has big slow defencemen ? Then, according to Slitty reports, you should be worried about Makarov and his individual slaloms :yo:

Go Russia Go !!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

I´m sad to say...

3-1 Russa

Swedens defenders are pretty big, more suitable for the NHL-style of hockey I guess.

I´m the most pessimistic s-o-b on the face of the earth, so don´t read to much in to this:D

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I hope coach Bendelin order the guys to play a physical game. We need to slow the russians down, get them out of pace, irritate them. We have a bunch of great individuals who can do the rest.

A bit like the tacticts that Canadians and Americans have when the play us. ;-)

I highly doubt we can win against Russia if we play a soft game and let the russians control the pace.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Swedish fans trying to get Sweden to become underdogs. Have we ever seen that one before? ;) I say we have the talent and heart to beat this russian team.

However, a back to back game will make it hard to win this. I also believe the key is to play as physical against the Russians as we've been the majority of the games. Tons of hits.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
No need to make us the underdog, Russia is expected to win but I sure hope on a upset so we can get our ***** kicked in the final.

Kaktus*

Hopefully Russians will come out and play 60 minutes high tempo hockey game work as team.
Go Russia Go!

Macman

May 15, 2004
I don't think Russia has played anyone the calibre of Sweden, so the Swedes win 5-2.

Kaktus*

I don't think Russia has played anyone the calibre of Sweden, so the Swedes win 5-2.
Russia played Finland and shut them down 5:0. While USA beat Finland in 3rd period, with some "interesting" calls from refs against Fins.
After 4 games Russia scored more goals then any other team in both pools, while having only 2 goal scorers in top 10. Russia can roll 4 lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Like I said before tournament If Russia advances to semi-final with this roster it's like winning gold medal for me. They did it. Of course, now we want more, but they also proved - bunch of first rounders in your roster doesn't make you favorite. Now, they should just play their game. Good luck and have fun, boys.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I also sincerely hope the ref won't turn this into some ref farse highlight show like yesterday.

Fine, have the kindergarten level on the game where you take penalties because players look at eachother, but if you do, have at least an ounce of consistency, because otherwise you will look like a complete fool taking penalties at random.

Seems the game will have Danny Kurmann (SUI) as ref. Anyone know anything about him?

From the IIHF website: "The chance for the Swedes is probably to play the game like former Swedish tennis star Mats Wilander did in his heydays – bore the opponent so he falls asleep and strike when he is down."

Wth? Has the guy writing this even seen any of the games?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Russia will win easily. They would have had a ton of 1st round picks on the roster if it weren't for the situation with the IIHF.

9-1 Russia.

If we keep it within reach the 1st period I am happy.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Russia will win easily. They would have had a ton of 1st round picks on the roster if it weren't for the situation with the IIHF.

9-1 Russia.

If we keep it within reach the 1st period I am happy.

im a russian fan but that is just :biglaugh:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Like I said before tournament If Russia advances to semi-final with this roster it's like winning gold medal for me. They did it. Of course, now we want more, but they also proved - bunch of first rounders in your roster doesn't make you favorite. Now, they should just play their game. Good luck and have fun, boys.

Great post Kaizer :clap:

Im also very happy about the result for now .............but we are in the semis now, OF COURSE we want more, SHAIBU ROSSIJA ! Come on boys we are that good ! :yo:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Russia would smash Sweden.

Cherepanov is better than Ovechkin and Malkin combined.
They also have Makarov who would be a star in NHL, and their defence with such great talents and future superstars as Ryasensky and Buravchikov is unbeatable.

It's clear that we are not in the same league with them.
I predict 10-0 Russia.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Russia would smash Sweden.

Cherepanov is better than Ovechkin and Malkin combined.
They also have Makarov who would be a star in NHL, and their defence with such great talents and future superstars as Ryasensky and Buravchikov is unbeatable.

It's clear that we are not in the same league with them.
I predict 10-0 Russia.

Dont forget about Bäckström ! The next ONE :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad