GDT: WJC - Latvia vs Canada, Dec 27, 2023

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
It is crazy to think that he earned a spot in the NHL on arguably the best team in the league, because he has looked entirely mediocre in the first two games.
Totally. The bruins should go back in time and not let him stay with the big club because he’s been meh in two games at the world juniors.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wayyyyyy too much.

I play about once per week. So I just play for fun now, instead of grinding, losing credits and try hardimg

You sound sane...

I used to play a lot... including with some teams globally as an invite player/spare...

I stopped playing because it's mind numbing at the analytic level...

I get it when I talk with the Vets still alive that served in actual combat at how lucky those that lived are... the odds of living versus dying where air thin for all...

And I admit to playing a PZ.KPFW. 35 (T) when I first started playing...

And loved being a Scout...

A glutton for punishment... like Latvia today...

:laugh:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Feels like he swapped brains with Lysell from last year since he's doing a lot of the same things - holding the puck too long, trying to do it himself.
His game is to slow it down and find a late guy (Krejci's game). World Juniors has always been about one guy skating at breakneck speed entering the zone. Ideally, he needs to be quicker but that is just not him. He may well play a role in the playoff rounds as he is very good at stripping pucks and playing positional which most young guys do not do. That is the reason he earned the trust of his NHL coach. I mean he has set up a lot of guys, they just have not converted. This game showcases the scorers and skaters, Latvia is not going to challenge them. (I see they are one of Canada's goals). I thought Poitras looked to get an assist on the 6th goal (Minten) as he stripped the puck along the boards and gave it to the eventual scorer but it was another one goal they were talking about.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You sound sane...

I used to play a lot... including with some teams globally as an invite player/spare...

I stopped playing because it's mind numbing at the analytic level...

I get it when I talk with the Vets still alive that served in actual combat at how lucky those that lived are... the odds of living versus dying where air thin for all...

And I admit to playing a PZ.KPFW. 35 (T) when I first started playing...

And loved being a Scout...

A glutton for punishment... like Latvia today...

:laugh:

I haven't played in a couple years - quit cold turkey. Sadly, had a couple friends get into it and they will periodically send me passive aggressive texts asking me to platoon.

Nelson upset for letting his man get inside position?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His game is to slow it down and find a late guy (Krejci's game). World Juniors has always been about one guy skating at breakneck speed entering the zone. Ideally, he needs to be quicker but that is just not him. He may well play a role in the playoff rounds as he is very good at stripping pucks and playing positional which most young guys do not do. That is the reason he earned the trust of his NHL coach. I mean he has set up a lot of guys, they just have not converted. This game showcases the scorers and skaters, Latvia is not going to challenge them. (I see they are one of Canada's goals). I thought Poitras looked to get an assist on the 6th goal (Minten) as he stripped the puck along the boards and gave it to the eventual scorer but it was another one goal they were talking about.

I haven't seen him set anyone up on late trailer players. I've seen Savoie and Cowan get him the puck off the forecheck and him skate to himself into the wall or double coverage without finding anyone. It reminds me of Lysell last year. He looks nothing like how he did in the Bruins' games I've watched and it may be that he's trying to do too much/pressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad