GDT: WJC Finland - Canada, Dec 26, 2023

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What an absolute bullshit game for Finland.
No offensive game plan no powerplay game plan no defence zone game plan.

1 goal in 6 powerplays absolutely pathetic.
Nobody outside on Kokko didn't show nothing.

Kaskimäki's and Lassila's goals were of course a good thing.
But still lots of improvements are needed starting for Tomorrow's game vs Germany.

Our coach is brain-dead idiot who should be fired
and shot straight way to pluto immidiately after the tournament.

There play in a 5-2 loss the certainly weren't "that garbage blue and white"
I you saw that then we are watched different game.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
He's still ultra talented one bad game shouldn't change that.
You don't promote people to the top line for playing like shit. I know he is ultra skilled but he is small and took stupid penalties. No one is saying he should be the 13th forward yet but promoting him to the top line is foolish.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Not much. We don't have a very good age group.
Lots of young players there. They weren't that good tonight, but they are not garbage. I am looking forward to seeing more provided the game times don't conflict.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think Celebrini needs better linemates. Savoie needs to be more discipline, he took a lot of stupid lazy penalties..

I would rock the following lineup.

Geekie - Celebrini - Savoie
Cowan - Poitras - Dumais
Rehkopf - Minten - Wood
Allard - Beck - Danielson
Yager

Savoie took two, one was a guy stepping on his stick.

Reactions: Dominance

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
What an absolute bullshit game for Finland.
No offensive game plan no powerplay game plan no defence zone game plan.

1 goal in 6 powerplays absolutely pathetic.
Nobody outside on Kokko didn't show nothing.

Kaskimäki's and Lassila's goals were of course a good thing.
But still lots of improvements are needed starting for Tomorrow's game vs Germany.

Our coach is brain-dead idiot who should be fired
and shot straight way to pluto immidiately after the tournament.

I you saw that then we are watched different game.
Germany should be a good test.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
That went as expected, Kokko kept the numbers small. But i had a reason to smile, as Red Wings fan it's nice to see Danielson carrying team Canada. Yzerplan!!!

Who were the best players? My broadcast cut short.
If there is any hockey gods
i beg on my knees that Mikkola gets fired immidiately when the tounament is over for Finland.
Rumour is that Mikkola is the next head coach of Saipa, we might get lucky and KJ is still available.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Not impressed by our boys so far.

This is a different team than what we're used to but they can grind and get garbage goals is all that matters when repping the red maple leaf.

Finland have a few players playing pro hockey so don't always underestimate them

Reactions: Ciao

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
So Savoie gets to be on the top line for being the worst forward for Canada in this game? Great job coach.

He gets to go to the top line because he fits well with Geekie.

But I do agree he was bad today, but so were all the "top guys."

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Geekie's line did f*** all. At least Poitras and Savoie were dangerous through the first half of the game - they gave the Finns defense some fits. Danielson's line was very much the trio that made the biggest difference.

Reactions: BTO

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
That went as expected, Kokko kept the numbers small. But i had a reason to smile, as Red Wings fan it's nice to see Danielson carrying team Canada. Yzerplan!!!

Who were the best players? My broadcast cut short.

Rumour is that Mikkola is the next head coach of Saipa, we might get lucky and KJ is still available.
I can see Oulun Kärpät trying to hire Kari Jalonen as well.
But if KJ is interested to coach U20 national team bring him in and don't even think twice.

I didn't watch post game ceremonies i shutdown my TV right after Canada's 5th goal.
I'm so pissed of Finland's pathetic piss poor game and brain-dead idiot coach
so i couldn't care and i won't care jack-shit about best players etc.

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland
Gotta give the Finns props. They showed up ready to compete today.

But God, this Canada squad so far loves shooting themselves in the foot. Sloppy, bad passes, poor positioning, etc.

Has led to a bit of a parade to the box.
Is this a joke? ready to compete? Probably only Finn to break a sweat was Kokko.

Reactions: Jussi and Svedu

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At 5 on 5, their line has been really good but the decision to use Allard on the powerplay is dumb. I dont care if hes a good story, or that hes just playing as a net front guy, there are player much more suited for that role.

Thats a nice win against a solid team for Canada to get going though

Reactions: Ciao

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
At 5 on 5, their line has been really good but the decision to use Allard on the powerplay is dumb. I dont care if hes a good story, or that hes just playing as a net front guy, there are player much more suited for that role.

Thats a nice win against a solid team for Canada to get going though
Well, he's looked good anyway. Remains to be seen if him getting PP time actually does anything negative to us. I thought he had a good game.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Well, he's looked good anyway. Remains to be seen if him getting PP time actually does anything negative to us. I thought he had a good game.
Yeah I thought he played a good game as well, but it still doesnt make sense to use him over basically anyone else in the forward group. I would park Beck or Danielson there ahead of him from his own line, Rehkopf as well.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah I thought he played a good game as well, but it still doesnt make sense to use him over basically anyone else in the forward group. I would park Beck or Danielson there ahead of him from his own line, Rehkopf as well.
Aye, I think we have better weapon options too. It'll be interesting seeing how this unfolds!

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I can see Oulun Kärpät trying to hire Kari Jalonen as well.
But if KJ is interested to coach U20 national team bring him in and don't even think twice.
Im sure they will try but why would KJ be interested? Like i said earlier, if there is person who has played Liiga through, it is Kari Jalonen. 4 gold medals as a player, 3 gold medals as a assistant coach and 4 gold medals as a head coach, +all the silvers and bronzes. And coach of the year trophys, Jalonen has nothing to achieve in Liiga anymore. If i was him, i wouldn't consider any offers from Liiga.

2 x champion in Switzerland and almost won the Putin League as well but nobody in their right mind goes there anymore, except that one dork. The way i see is that Jalonen wants to win a gold medal in national team, i was extremely surprised when he took the U20 job before he left to Czechia. And now since Finland's and Czechia's men's national teams are out of the picture, only chance to win that World championship gold is to become head coach of the U20 national team. Jalonen turns 64 in January, coaching national team would mean less work also. I think he is interested.

Mikkola's contract is 1+2 years, it's almost like they are waiting for someone. But i could see Jalonen being interested to coach in SHL, only place he haven't been in yet. If KJ decides to go somewhere else, then i would ask Petri Matikainen. I think his style would suit very well in tournament hockey. Im pretty sure he doesn't get a new deal in Switzerland, i can actually see Jukka Jalonen replacing him in Biel-Bienne after the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00