GDT: WJC Finland - Canada, Dec 26, 2023

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I´m not that mad. Could only be good with a loss for this team. If we can upset Sweden on their home soil being favorites and all? I will be more than satisfied hehe.
This team won't upset anybody.
Only upset which this team can do is that they win whole f***ing tournament but it won't happen.

Reactions: Jussi

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You couldn't say that any better i agree with 15000%
With these game performances even avoiding relegation round is a miracle.

This U20 team Finland is coached by an idiot a brain-dead idiot.
Get back to home and STOP EMBARRASSING Finnish lion jersey f***ing p***yes.
Coach is bad, absolutely. But not a single player showed some guts and heart in the whole game, perhaps Nyman in the end.
Overall no fierce forechecking or anything what so ever in this game. Really bad performance.

Like I said before, Kokko was the only good one out there.

Reactions: Jussi

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
This game highlighted the problems in Finnish player development. We're no longer producing good skaters, never mind fast skaters, the junior and men's leagues don't prepare the players for the physicality of international and NHL play. As Lehkonen pointed out on TV5, we don't train "stick battles" in juniors, hence why Canadians were winning them all the time. It also doesn't help that we're not giving the kids the best possible coaching. Not impressed with Mikkola.
If there is any hockey gods
i beg on my knees that Mikkola gets fired immidiately when the tounament is over for Finland.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I think Celebrini needs better linemates. Savoie needs to be more discipline, he took a lot of stupid lazy penalties..

I would rock the following lineup.

Geekie - Celebrini - Savoie
Cowan - Poitras - Dumais
Rehkopf - Minten - Wood
Allard - Beck - Danielson
Yager

Reactions: MM917

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think Celebrini needs better linemates. Savoie needs to be more discipline, he took a lot of stupid lazy penalties..

Cowan - Poitras - Dumais
Rehkopf - Minten - Wood
Yager
So Savoie gets to be on the top line for being the worst forward for Canada in this game? Great job coach.

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
GG Canada, expected, so I got at least got some money from betting. On to the next disappointments with this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That was a useful game for Canada. Finland did a lot of typical Finland things and generated pressure. Canada needs to clean up its defence, as is always the case at the WJC. Nice to see Danielson look better than he did pre-tournament. Rousseau was solid, which creates some optimism after his plainly poor pre-tournament. I liked Dumais' game even though I don't think he had any points, Cowan as well after I was underwhelmed by everything leading up to this game. Liked Lamoureux and Celebrini as well.

The plan to roll four lines paid off in that game. Defence needs to be decisive with transitioning the puck out of the zone.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Okay, so you know hockey and I don't? But yeah let me guess, every year is similar for you? Lol.

We have two periods and going after those they both look pretty weak. As I've mentioned before, things can change. Different factors could be a reason for this lacklustering performance. But they still more or less suck, especially Finland.
No, I just think those who react that strongly to two periods of hockey is a sign you don’t know what’s going on, that’s all. No need to make rash judgements, but too each their own I guess. Finland doesn’t suck either, they have alot of good hockey players.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Man, am I the only one who has been VERY impressed by Noah Warren’s play on the PK?
No I’ve liked him a lot too. Great positioning, clogs lanes up well and blocks a lot of shots, passes. Just fronting the puck well and pressuring where it’s necessary. I’ve liked him g since the Swiss pre tourney game. Very mobile for a big man

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

Cowan - Poitras - Dumais
Rehkopf - Minten - Wood
Yager
Geekie - Celebrini - Danielson

Cowan - Poitras - Dumais

Rehkopf - Minten - Savoie

Allard - Beck - Wood

Yager

Ahem, some homerism, but if I recall correctly Danielson did practice on that Celebrini line at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad