GDT: WJC Finland - Canada, Dec 26, 2023

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I hope Pulkkinen can show a bit more physicality in the next game. I actually like that he got a bit mad there, this team will need some fire further on. Of course being clever when being physical.

Helenius a complete non factor in this game. Nyman will need more ice time in some games, he shows that he is one of those few who can lead his team in this tournament.
Salin bad. Kulonummi pretty meh. Pieniniemi was weak sometimes.

Kokko is the only one who gets a pass.

No medal for us this year. It's between the US, Sweden and perhaps Canada with Slovakia being the dark horse for a medal.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Good game Finland. It's a game of inches. I hope you guys beat Sweden!

Lots to work on for Canada but always nice to get a W.

• Love
Reactions: Svedu

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
I hope Pulkkinen can show a bit more physicality in the next game. I actually like that he got a bit mad there, this team will need some fire further on. Of course being clever when being physical.

Helenius a complete non factor in this game. Nyman will need more ice time in some games, he shows that he is one of those few who can lead his team in this tournament.
Salin bad. Kulonummi pretty meh. Pieniniemi was weak sometimes.

Kokko is the only one who gets a pass.

No medal for us this year. It's between the US, Sweden and perhaps Canada with Slovakia being the dark horse for a medal.
Pulkkinen felt really slow for the game. Behind in too many plays.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nate the Great
nice game from him

Wouldn't call that a strong performance from Team Canada but it was good enough.
Finnish goalie was good, rest of the team not so much.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That was some Marchand shit from Bonk. Punch a guy in the back of the head after they score and then the selljob. Not something i like seeing from Canada

Deserved win for Canadians but luckily this is just a group stage game.
Haha, talking about Canadian sell jobs.

That’s classic.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden

Pulkkinen looks interesting, could be a force w that size.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Pulkkinen felt really slow for the game. Behind in too many plays.
Agreed. He was bad. Salin worse. Kulonummi slow as well. I hate that the D's are so f*cking slow and it's no surprise for us following Finnish hockey lately. They need to start working on that. Or is it only bad genes? Lol.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Kokko has been good, rest of the Finland has not been very impressive
You couldn't say that any better i agree with 15000%
With these game performances even avoiding relegation round is a miracle.

This U20 team Finland is coached by an idiot a brain-dead idiot.
Get back to home and STOP EMBARRASSING Finnish lion jersey f***ing p***yes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This game highlighted the problems in Finnish player development. We're no longer producing good skaters, never mind fast skaters, the junior and men's leagues don't prepare the players for the physicality of international and NHL play. As Lehkonen pointed out on TV5, we don't train "stick battles" in juniors, hence why Canadians were winning them all the time. It also doesn't help that we're not giving the kids the best possible coaching. Not impressed with Mikkola.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad