Witcher III : PT III : Blood and Winos

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
You pick up the quest from the bulletin board at the seven cats inn. Is that the name of it? I can't remember. It's the board in front of the inn with the cats, anyway. At least I think it is. Unless I'm thinking of Hearts of Stone. It might already be in your quest log. Check yer log first, then try the board.

HoS kicks of at the Seven Cats Inn. And I've checked the quest log a few times and it isn't listed. I also checked every message board I could find, and it wasn't there either. I can't even start it from the main menu.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
HoS kicks of at the Seven Cats Inn. And I've checked the quest log a few times and it isn't listed. I also checked every message board I could find, and it wasn't there either. I can't even start it from the main menu.

Huh, I'm at a loss then. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure Blood and Wine starts off in your quest log already. And the expansion is for sure installed? The start menu is changed once it's installed. Geralt should be seated by a fire wearing Manticore armor in it. I dunno man, don't know what to suggest.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

never mind has been said.

try to reinstall?

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
The quests definitely start in your log.

I remember when I made my character it gave me the option to opt out of the expansions. Maybe you accidentally did that?

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Huh, I'm at a loss then. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure Blood and Wine starts off in your quest log already. And the expansion is for sure installed? The start menu is changed once it's installed. Geralt should be seated by a fire wearing Manticore armor in it. I dunno man, don't know what to suggest.

The in-game menu says Blood and Wine is available, but not installed. I then looked at the dlc list and it was not listed there. Finally I checked the psn store for BoW, it said that it is already installed. It's definitely bugged out for some reason.

I doubt this will work, but I'm going to try a NG+. If that fails I'll reinstall everything.:shakehead

The quests definitely start in your log.

I remember when I made my character it gave me the option to opt out of the expansions. Maybe you accidentally did that?

Doubtful since I wrapped up HoS last night.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I actually just started modding this game a bit the other day.

Nitpicker's Patch: Fixes many minor graphical issues
The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project: Replaces the games low res textures with high res ones. Might not be worthwhile if you aren't running on Ultra, I haven't tested this out much yet so I'm not sure how this will effect performance.
Realistic Weather: Improves weather effects
Always Full Exp: Changes the 5xp reward to full for quests when you are over-leveled.
Better Torches: Makes torches usable in more situations (climbing, blocking, on horse).
Torches Hold to Interact: Fixes annoying issue with interacting with torches/candles when you want to loot bodies.

Much appreciated - I will download all of the above except the graphics one; want to try upping the settings and seeing if my rig can handle it first. All i wanted to do all week was play this (I'm about half way through White Orchard) but my work week was terrible; no going outside this weekend me thinks.

And to the person having the issue with Blood and Wine (I can't figure out how to multi-quote): When I installed it after I was in a game I had to pick it up at a post board thing. I'm pretty sure it was at all of them; it was some general message about having to go to Toussaint for whatever. If you haven't, check your map for a board with the yellow "new" icon. I didn't have the journal entry the first time, I had to do that. Playing this time (with all installed to start) I have it in my journal from the start.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Has anyone experienced this? Like I said, uninstalled all mods, did clean installs... still won't fix the issue.

mHKoMlt.jpg

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Has anyone experienced this? Like I said, uninstalled all mods, did clean installs... still won't fix the issue.

Can't say that I have. In general, I've had no issues with TW3 mods at all.
I only have 6-7 installed, but yeah, no issues.

I'm into HoS now, finished the main game in this playthrough. God, it's so good.

Also, got into closed beta in Gwent.
Yes, I'm a gwentleman now, and I'm loving it.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.

That happened to me once. Had also very low framerate at the same time (15-20fps)

It kinda just fixed itself after running around and opening/closing map a few times. This probably won't help you, I realize. Sorry.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Toussant (or however you spell it) is a pretty nice location.

It is a breath of fresh air and really makes you feel like you are playing a new stand alone witcher game. You are going to enjoy it. I cant wait to get to it again after I finish my base game play through and get back there.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Toussant (or however you spell it) is a pretty nice location.
I think it was the atmosphere/ feel of an entire new area that made me like Blood and Wine more than Hearts of Stone.

Glad you got it working, it really is a fantastic expansion. Enjoy.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Wow. Grandmaster gear is way too expensive. I should have saved my coin instead of giving it to that stupid rune maker guy.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wow. Grandmaster gear is way too expensive. I should have saved my coin instead of giving it to that stupid rune maker guy.

Yeah making gear should not have been so expensive. I'm not sure the rationale behind it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah making gear should not have been so expensive. I'm not sure the rationale behind it.

A lot of it is likely a sense of accomplishment when you finally get enough money.

Making money valuable and scarce is tough to balance in games.

The real killer is how expensive getting the rune maker his tools is considering there is only one good rune (make all armor light armor).

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
A lot of it is likely a sense of accomplishment when you finally get enough money.

The real killer is how expensive getting the rune maker his tools is considering there is only one good rune (make all armor light armor).
Yeah, I was really disappointed in the runewright. Don't think I ever put him to use after upgrading him.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
The rune guy irritates me. After all the coin we sink into his business, the ****er can't even give us a great discount.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Just gotta go visit all of the smuggler caches in Skellige and sell the loot. We all know how much fun that is. ;)

Speaking of which, I had the absolute best glitch during my Skellige quests. 85% of the time in a boat, I was unable to use the speed burst. Pretty fun eh? Not only did I have to do that tedium, I had to do it as slow as possible. It was so aggravating. It would just arbitrarily not work more often than not. Hope on my next playthrough it doesn't do that, but I'm sure it will.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Speaking of which, I had the absolute best glitch during my Skellige quests. 85% of the time in a boat, I was unable to use the speed burst. Pretty fun eh? Not only did I have to do that tedium, I had to do it as slow as possible. It was so aggravating. It would just arbitrarily not work more often than not. Hope on my next playthrough it doesn't do that, but I'm sure it will.
Wow, that would suck. Happy to say that never happened to me.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Just gotta go visit all of the smuggler caches in Skellige and sell the loot. We all know how much fun that is. ;)

I'll take a brain aneurysm over that every day of the week.:nod:

I wish I knew that before I sunk all my coin into his shop.:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2