Series Talk: Winter Olympics 2022: Ice Hockey Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I imagine with Sid being one of the first invitees, he'll get the C. Especially since it may be his last Olympics.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hockey's weird because anyone not named Canada is a colossal underdog. Like, f***ing massive underdog. :laugh: There's Underdog Tier 1 which is like the US, Russia, Sweden, Finland then Underdog Tier 2 which is like Germany, Czech, Slovakia, Switzerland, Denmark, Latvia.

Give me one final gold for Sid, with a huge showing by (hopefully) the all Nova Scotia line (Marchand-Sid-MacKinnon).

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
To be honest, as much as I love a best on best tournament, I would not be that disappointed if Canada didn’t go to Beijing.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Careful, there are 5/6 teams that could beat Canada on any given day. One game eliminations.
5 or 6? No. 2 or 3? Yes.

However, best on best, I put my money on Canada every single time. They are the favorite, they deserve to be the favorite and they will continue to be the favorite until they get knocked off that throne. Only real weakness Canada has is in goal, if you can even call it a weakness.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
5 or 6? No. 2 or 3? Yes.

However, best on best, I put my money on Canada every single time. They are the favorite, they deserve to be the favorite and they will continue to be the favorite until they get knocked off that throne. Only real weakness Canada has is in goal, if you can even call it a weakness.
US, Russia, Sweden, Finns, Czechs. Swiss always play Canada close and Slovakia has enough talent to beat anyone although not very often. A good goaltending performance can win a hockey game. Canada almost lost to Latvia in Sochi.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
US, Russia, Sweden, Finns, Czechs. Swiss always play Canada close and Slovakia has enough talent to beat anyone although not very often. A good goaltending performance can win a hockey game. Canada almost lost to Latvia in Sochi.
Sure anything can happen in a 1 game match, but that doesnt mean those teams are overall better. The first 3 you mentioned have the horses to make it good every game, the last 3 not so much. Like I said before, Canada is the favorite, doesnt mean they will win. But they do have the best chance to.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Sure anything can happen in a 1 game match, but that doesnt mean those teams are overall better. The first 3 you mentioned have the horses to make it good every game, the last 3 not so much. Like I said before, Canada is the favorite, doesnt mean they will win. But they do have the best chance to.
I agree that they are the favourite.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Nobody knows how to make a good jersey anymore, huh?

They know how to, they just don't want to. Oh wait, this is Nike...yeah, good design is not anywhere in their portfolio.

It's so incredibly easy to make a USA hockey jersey and still we wind up with utter trash at least half of the time. So ridiculous when there's a timeless classic utterly beloved by American hockey fans that this is just another bad take on. Just give us the good jersey instead of constantly modernizing it into something that immediately sucks.

But this is Nike...I guess we should be happy it's not neon. Still don't know how anyone could look at those jerseys and think, yep, this is a good design that will be enjoyed by hockey fans.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille