Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m not opposed to seeing anyone go, but the trouble for me is losing players for no return. They’re not rich enough or smart enough to afford it. Give him his clause and be done with it.

The trouble is they’re run by idiots who don’t think they are. Klopp may not be an idiot but he believes his own song and dance a bit too much.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why would they bring in a "more clinical" striker than Firmino when that's not the role he's being tasked with (being the main goal scorer). The outside forwards are the main goal scorers. I don't know why you keep drumming on about that. Mane has 3 goals in 5 games and Salah has 9 in 14...

Why wouldn't Liverpool be able to get Goretzka?

We've played 10 games and we're 3 points out of the top 4 having played the toughest schedule of the top teams (by far). What's with the doom and gloom? I'll never understand being a fan of a team just to complain about everything all the time. If we were floundering I'd understand being pessimistic but we're in a good position in the league after a tough opening schedule, we're topping our CL group and we've been pretty dominant in general outside of 2 games this season (one of which we were looking great in against City until we took a fluke red and imploded).

Liverpool will be fine. We can certainly let Can go for free given he's been negatively affecting the team as a whole for a while. Also yes I'd be just fine with a midfield group of Keita, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lallana and Milner compared with what we are putting out right now (though I highly doubt we won't reinforce after "losing" Can on a free.)

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
We've played 10 games and we're 3 points out of the top 4 having played the toughest schedule of the top teams (by far). What's with the doom and gloom? I'll never understand being a fan of a team just to complain about everything all the time. If we were floundering I'd understand being pessimistic but we're in a good position in the league after a tough opening schedule, we're topping our CL group and we've been pretty dominant in general outside of 2 games this season (one of which we were looking great in against City until we took a fluke red and imploded).

Averaged out, the top 4 teams in England last year finished the season allowing 20 goals away from home. With still 13 away games left, Liverpool have already allowed 15 away goals.

Gigantic red flag.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Averaged out, the top 4 teams in England last year finished the season allowing 20 goals away from home. With still 13 away games left, Liverpool have already allowed 15 away goals.

Gigantic red flag.

Last year they allowed 14 away goals and had 12 away games left. Four of the ones conceded this year were when playing with ten men. Stats with no context don't mean anything.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
City has faced Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Watford, Everton all the while having two games against Napoli (which gives more fatigues and games you can't rotate too much).
They have to face Arsenal (will proably beat them this weekend) and United an be done with all the supposed bigger clubs or surprising clubs this season.
Liverpool have faced Watford, Arsenal, City, United and Spurs. All the while facing Europa League teams in the CL for the most part.

Can't see the "toughest schedule by far" argument.

With that said, Liverpool will get up in the standings and will finish between 3rd and 6th, I have few doubts about it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
City has faced Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Watford, Everton all the while having two games against Napoli (which gives more fatigues and games you can't rotate too much).
They have to face Arsenal (will proably beat them this weekend) and United an be done with all the supposed bigger clubs or surprising clubs this season.
Liverpool have faced Watford, Arsenal, City, United and Spurs. All the while facing Europa League teams in the CL for the most part.

Can't see the "toughest schedule by far" argument.

With that said, Liverpool will get up in the standings and will finish between 3rd and 6th, I have few doubts about it.

City has not faced Spurs yet. Not sure why you count Everton as some tough opposition either.

I'd say that Liverpool have had the hardest PL schedule so far. They've also had two extra games because of the CL playoffs. But they did get a easy CL group. I wouldn't say that they have had the toughest schedule by far.

And let's not forget about the Scouse Boom-Bust Cycle.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Been how Mane goes, Liverpool goes for the last 18 months, no?

No ones competing with City this year so they’ll have to battle United/Spurs/Chelsea for the 2-4 spots. Don’t see Arsenal having enough.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So now Naby Keita is in legal trouble because he tried to use a fake driver license. :facepalm:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Johnathan Norcroft from The Times says Liverpool will be trying again for Van Dijk and Lemar in January; but may have to wait until the summer (especially for Lemar)

Not exactly new news, but re-confirms Liverpool will be going back for leftovers.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lemar should be a secondary pursuit. van Dijk hopefully can come though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So Wenger doesn't think Sanchez wants to move to any new club in January.

To be deluded, or not to be is the question...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean, it's possible he doesn't want to move *in January* but rather wants to sign a pre-contract in January to move in the summer.
Yikes, I totally forgot about that.

Uggggghhhhhhhhhhh, Arsenal might have just **** themselves over in losing 40 to 60 million. Wow and for an organization where they have 200 million in a treasure chest, but cannot spend to the likes of Lemar or Greizmann without selling players other players to make the difference. Hidden internal budget. ****.

Sep 19, 2008
Real Madrid in talks for Pulisic? Real Madrid want Borussia Dortmund duo Pulisic and Weigl
TBH Pulisic is in an ideal situation right now. He gets a lot of playing time and he is working magic. His hype continues to build and other clubs will start to get more and more interested. The fear is if he goes to Real Madrid or some EPL side they won't give him playing time. And I want Pulisic out there 90 minutes every game getting better and better. Dortmund gives him the perfect opportunity to learn and thrive.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Pulisic will be a hot commodity next summer. Good for BVB shareholders I guess.

Anyway, I think he's pretty well developed as a player. If he wants to move to a bigger club with a bigger salary, it's really just a question of finding the right situation for him. Madrid's interest screams "marketing move" to me. He's not that good yet. Not sure where else he'd go. England most likely of course. Maybe United will decide third time's the charm when it comes to buying Dortmund attacking midfielders. ;)

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Coutinho to PSG rumor is only getting louder and louder. Seems like he wants to go to Barcelona, but Neymar is trying to convince him to join him in Paris. Rabiot-Verratti-Coutinho behind NCM :popcorn:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, if PSG and Barcelona want to fight eachother over Coutinho that can only end well for Liverpool I think (financially that is). Hopefully he moves fast in the summer and we snap up a quick replacement for him so Klopp can integrate right away and we don't skip a beat.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
At this point Liverpool should already know who they want to buy with the Coutinho money. Everyone has known for two or three years that he will leave. There is no excuse not to have a succession plan with that kind of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad