Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs have actually looked better without Alli tbh. If Madrid offered some kind of swap for those two I think they'd be crazy not to take it. Alli has a lot of hype but for me is not a player that can drive the team, and he's got to be carried defensively and he's a disciplinary liability. Kane is obviously a different story; he's a top 5 striker in the world IMO and I don't think there's any reason for Tottenham to ever move him.

Alli has been poor to start the season. Showed improvement last game atleast.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
No club without oil money would pay 75m for Bale. Love him, but big question marks about his longevity.

If he had wanted to return to Spurs I´m sure Spurs would have paid 75m without the injury issues. Without the injuries he would never have been available for 75m though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey if we can get rid of the him all the better along with Sanchez...

Bring in Griezmann and Lemar? Evilo would have to buy an Arsenal kit...his wet dream of Griezmann, Lemar, and Lacazette all playing on one club. The Mighty Arsenal baby.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
The "Player x tells teammates he is leaving for team y" stories are almost always bs.

I don't know how I'd deal with a player like Özil playing for United. I'm losing my head over Mkhitaryan's inconsistencies as is.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Without teasing or making any digs, I would honestly be very surprised if any 'big name' players went to Arsenal in the near future. They are on the downswing, especially if Sanchez and Ozil jump ship.

Hearing Liverpool will look to replace Can with Goretzka on a free this summer. Sounds like a dream I had.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Without teasing or making any digs, I would honestly be very surprised if any 'big name' players went to Arsenal in the near future. They are on the downswing, especially if Sanchez and Ozil jump ship.

Hearing Liverpool will look to replace Can with Goretzka on a free this summer. Sounds like a dream I had.

Still more attractive than Liverpool. All Arsenal have to do is continue to pay high wages, and they'll attract talent. The club is attractive, the city is attractive, and their style is attractive.

But you know, continue to not use logic into any arguments.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Still more attractive than Liverpool. All Arsenal have to do is continue to pay high wages, and they'll attract talent. The club is attractive, the city is attractive, and their style is attractive.

I don't find Arsenal's style attractive. At all.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Bring in Griezmann and Lemar? Evilo would have to buy an Arsenal kit...his wet dream of Griezmann, Lemar, and Lacazette all playing on one club. The Mighty Arsenal baby.
No wet dream in that. I'm not particularly a Griezmann fan.
I like Lacazette but I think he has things to prove to become a world class player.
Lemar, no question I'm a big fan.

My wet dream is Lemar-Mbappe-Dembele.
Fortunately, I'm a french NT fan, and they'll be there for the next decade together. No need to buy any other kit.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Arsenal is not playing attractive football at the moment and with the persistent rumors of the stars wanting out and pretty much refusing new contracts it shows there's a division in the locker room and no one wants to walk into that.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Kroenke is never going to put up the money to bring in both Grezemann and Lemar, assuming either would even want to go to a less successful club.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Kroenke is never going to put up the money to bring in both Grezemann and Lemar, assuming either would even want to go to a less successful club.

Lemar was willing to go to Arsenal this summer. Arsenal kept bidding but Monaco kept raising the price. Only on deadline day did Arsenal offer an amount Monaco was satisfied with but Lemar didn't want to make a decision in such a short time so he stayed.

I already posted sources in the Summer Transfer Window thread and recently Monaco's VP confirmed Arsenal was closest to signing him, over Liverpool.

So I don't want to hear any stupid comments how this is bs unless anyone can post otherwise.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lemar didn't want to go or he would have. Monaco were willing to sell to Arsenal. Lemar had no intention of going there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hopefully that's crap. PSG don't need Coutinho and will get into financial trouble with another 150M signing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Doubt it happens but he would look sweet in our team playing the Rakitic/Iniesta role.

Leon has the raw potential to do anything he wants on the pitch, but he doesn't think fast enough to play that deep in the midfield for a possession side. He needs to be able to take a few touches against defenders who are still racing back into shape, before making his decision, to be effect as a midfielder.

That said, his goal scoring instincts help him make decisions much more quickly in the box, which is why I view LeGo as a forward now. Let him join the rotation for one of the two spots up front with the NT; and make him win his minutes from Werner, Kruse, Stindl, Brandt, Sane, Reyes, Müller, Draxler, Volland, Philipp, Uth & Wagner.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, seems some people here can eat their crow on Kondogbia. Valencia wants to use their buying option.
Meanwhile Cancelo has started 3 games for Inter.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I like Kondogbia; I wanted him for Liverpool and thought he'd have looked great playing for Klopp.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The "Player x tells teammates he is leaving for team y" stories are almost always bs.

I don't know how I'd deal with a player like Özil playing for United. I'm losing my head over Mkhitaryan's inconsistencies as is.

A week ago in one of the Finnish tabloid paper's weekend issue's Premier League column, their correspondent in the UK described Özil as a player who thrives playing within a structured system. That's why Wenger's free flowing "no- system" doesnt' suit him. He also mentioned that Mourinho had interest in Özil.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A week ago in one of the Finnish tabloid paper's weekend issue's Premier League column, their correspondent in the UK described Özil as a player who thrives playing within a structured system. That's why Wenger's free flowing "no- system" doesnt' suit him. He also mentioned that Mourinho had interest in Özil.

That's not really correct, structure is important but so is fluidity & freedom. Mesut is at his best when he can float in behind the first wave of pressing and when he can float from wing to wing in possession supporting the ball & hunting for the killer pass wherever he needs to. So he needs chemistry with his team-mates so they can allow him to focus on doing his thing, but his thing requires a ton of freedom and creative movement from the rest of the team that Mou just can't organize. That will always be a terrible Star-Manager pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad