Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So apparently, Barca have revived the Seri deal and want him signed this winter :facepalm:
Seri answered today by saying he will not leave Nice before summer 2018 under any circumstance.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pep mentioned Brahim Diaz maybe going to Real Madrid, but he said something really interested. In his quotes, he's caught mentioning Dortmund, I've not seen anyone officially link us to Diaz, but if the coach is mentioning us, maybe there's something there.

Posted this in the Prospect thread the other day as this thread was just created today, but Erik Palmer-Brown of Sporting Kansas City in MLS will join Man City in January and likely will go on loan to PSV right away. He won't be able to get a work permit in England immediately.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Pep mentioned Brahim Diaz maybe going to Real Madrid, but he said something really interested. In his quotes, he's caught mentioning Dortmund, I've not seen anyone officially link us to Diaz, but if the coach is mentioning us, maybe there's something there.

Posted this in the Prospect thread the other day as this thread was just created today, but Erik Palmer-Brown of Sporting Kansas City in MLS will join Man City in January and likely will go on loan to PSV right away. He won't be able to get a work permit in England immediately.

I really like Diaz. I thought the whole reason City purchased Girona was so that they'd have a satellite team in a top quality league that's better at letting young players come along. Assuming they could stay up this year, I don't see why City wouldn't loan their players there. Dortmund are already going to sell them back Sancho for an absurd fee in a couple years after they took him for nothing; surely City don't want the same to happen to Diaz.

what does mercato mean ?

Italian for market

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dortmund are already going to sell them back Sancho for an absurd fee in a couple years after they took him for nothing; surely City don't want the same to happen to Diaz.

Wouldn't be surprised if they care less about that than those talents reaching their potential :dunno:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Wouldn't be surprised if they care less about that than those talents reaching their potential :dunno:

True. But it's not like it's formalized that Sancho will go back there. He could go to another big club. Save a ton of money by developing the players yourselves, and keep control of the player. Dortmund won't do loan deals. Madrid won't either. So IDK, maybe they're full out selling the player.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
First transfer complete. Costa for 55m euro plus 10m in bonuses.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
First transfer complete. Costa for 55m euro plus 10m in bonuses.

For as annoying as the Chelsea board can be at time with transfers, this is a great piece of work. Never imagined getting over 40 after this situation played out.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the money gets reinvested in a new transfer or not.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
"World class", "better-than-Lloris" Burki might see his starting spot vanish as several sources claim BVB want to sign Trapp.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Burki has been pretty questionable IMO.

They should be going for Sommer though who's actually as good as Lloris.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
"World class", "better-than-Lloris" Burki might see his starting spot vanish as several sources claim BVB want to sign Trapp.

Uhh, who said that? I don't recall reading that and a search revealed no results either. Maybe you were confusing him with Sommer?

Bürki is better than Trapp though imo. Trapp's mistakes seem far more common. More likely Trapp would take Weidenfeller's place. Or they'd split time where Trapp plays the cup matches and Bürki plays the league and CL matches.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Uhh, who said that? I don't recall reading that and a search revealed no results either. Maybe you were confusing him with Sommer?

Bürki is better than Trapp though imo. Trapp's mistakes seem far more common. More likely Trapp would take Weidenfeller's place. Or they'd split time where Trapp plays the cup matches and Bürki plays the league and CL matches.

:facepalm:
Indeed, wrong swiss goalie :shakehead

That fell flat... :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buerki has been really good, just had a bad match against Spurs, which happens.

He's far from a problem at BVB, he's probably one of the best players at the club. We need a back up, as Weidenfeller isn't good anymore. If Trapp joined BVB, it would likely be as a back up, and I think he'd fill a big problem spot for the team, back up GK.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's probably it. As I have said that Sommer is world class on the ball...since he is the only keeper better than Neuer with the ball and as a sweeper.

Don't really recall ever comparing him to Lloris, and I don't s*** on Lloris for those games where he turns up drunk; but I'm sure he's thinking of Sommer.

Well that answer part of it. But why did you bring up Lloris? Did we ever argue about Lloris & Sommer?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think this sale puts chelsea's net spend around 30m pounds for the year... which is their average over the past 5 or 6 years.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Xqx61AC.gif

:D

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Compared to Costa Paulinho all of a sudden looks like a bargain. How a team can pay that much for a player that basically only wants to go one place I will never know. He'll probably do extremely well for a couple of years in Madrid though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad