Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Marca reporting Madrid are interested in Neymar for both sporting and economic reasons.
The f*** does economical reasons mean lool.

Anyway summer 2019 Neymar will be at the Bernabue... Probably celebrate against barca too.

Madrid will go all out this summer like Ronaldo/Kaka type signings. They won't just get one marquee player but 2 maybe more.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Real Madrid is probably going to sign someone this summer though after how bad their current season is going.

There aren't a ton of options. Neymar and Mbappe might happen eventually, but not this summer. I can't see Atletico selling Griezmann to Real.

They could go for Kane or De Bruyne. I would think the three big targets this summer will be Kane, De Bruyne and Hazard.

I would think Hazard considering his age and his contract being up in 2020. Kane and Alli have been rumored of late. Can't see them landing de Bruyne though.

The **** does economical reasons mean lool.

Anyway summer 2019 Neymar will be at the Bernabue... Probably celebrate against barca too.

Madrid will go all out this summer like Ronaldo/Kaka type signings. They won't just get one marquee player but 2 maybe more.

Shirt sales and commercial deals. In the case of the former you wouldn't think a Madrid supporter would buy a Neymar shirt, but they are Madridistas after all so they probably will. In the case of the latter they'll get a cut, though of course they'll have to pay him for it.

Summer of 2019 would be great. He'll be 27 and cost a ton of money on top of the wages they'll have to offer. That said I'm not sure I see him at Madrid just yet.

So long as they keep Ronaldo around I don't care who they sign really. Hazard, Kane and Alli for 500 million on top of the wages they'd have to offer would be great. Of course they'll find someone dumb enough to buy their castoffs, but even then it'd be an expensive Summer with that many big signings.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Why would anybody be upset with Neymar going to Madrid? It would be awesome.

People get too attached with players. It's a two way street and you need to appreciate the player as long as he leaves his best on the field. Or leave to a direct rival. Nothing wrong with what Coutinho or Keita have done really. Their teams will live on.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don't see a world in which Guardiola lets City sell de Bruyne to Real. I'm also getting a huge kick out of the idea of Alexis playing under Mourinho :laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I said before that if Cou left I wanted VVD, Keita, and Lemar. They have two of them even though only one is currently at the club.

If they get VVD and Keita now, Lemar in summer, well everything worked out in that case and I literally don't care about the prices.

Reactions: Chimaera

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Czech media has been reporting that Newcastle is targetting Sparta and Slovakia NT goalkeeper Martin Dúbravka. Agent has confirmed there is communication, team says there's been no official offer yet. I'm not sure how seriously I'd take it, probably just one of many GKs they're sounding out after not managing to get Trapp, but naturally Czech media's going to run with it.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I said before that if Cou left I wanted VVD, Keita, and Lemar. They have two of them even though only one is currently at the club.

If they get VVD and Keita now, Lemar in summer, well everything worked out in that case and I literally don't care about the prices.

It’s amazing how little it matters when you actually spend money! Funny how that works for clubs.

Amazing recovery for you guys after Klopp had football ruined with Pogba’s deal.

Reactions: Theon

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And Barco doesn't.
He's 18, he's not going to start for a big team anyway, and he'll get a lot of exposure and play against professionals. It's not a horrible career move. It's better than the teens that go to teams like Real Madrid or Chelsea and then stagnate. Here he'll probably be the star player on the team (minus maybe Miguel Almiron).

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
He's 18, he's not going to start for a big team anyway, and he'll get a lot of exposure and play against professionals. It's not a horrible career move. It's better than the teens that go to teams like Real Madrid or Chelsea and then stagnate. Here he'll probably be the star player on the team (minus maybe Miguel Almiron).

He's not going to learn anything in MLS.

I watch the MLS because I follow the impact closely - the caliber is just not good.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ornstein said City close to backing out for Alexis, leaving one team as the favorites.

Manchester United. :help:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Sanchez goes to United I'll die laughing.

He's not going to learn anything in MLS.

I watch the MLS because I follow the impact closely - the caliber is just not good.
Sometimes, especially with attacking players, just playing against a more structured opposition and gaining confidence is important. The coaching will probably be suspect but he can still learn a lot from the experience as long as he doesn't settle and stay.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I don't know what options he had, but there are so many better options than going to MLS. Staying in Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, Holland and even Chelsea or Real Madrid. While I don't think those latter two options are the best clubs one could mention, he could easily be loaned out.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Barco will be playing for a manager that coached Barcelona and Argentina. He'll definitely learn from that and in a couple years, he'll be more ready to move to a bigger league/club.

He'll make a lot of money, and you could argue the transaction to the US will be easier than going halfway across the world.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Barco grew up dirt poor from what I understand. Obviously in that situation money comes first and Atlanta is a good place for a Spanish speaker to move to, he can fit in the culture pretty well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad