Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
His involvment this season has put a huge blackmark on this guy. He doesn't care about the team that made him a dot on the football map. That's absolutely gutless. And now he wants to throw another tantrum so that he leaves earlier?

Good riddance. Leipzig should take Liverpool to the cleaners because they need him and the player has an awful behaviour.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm sure if Neymar didn't have a release clause that was triggered by some company sending him money to circumvent spending rules while he attempted to cash in on a loyalty bonus (lol) he would have pulled similar stunts. I didn't hear you complaining about Neymar's transfer though. . .

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For as “awful” as he has been, he’s been pretty good for them. His numbers are down a tad for last years, but still some of the best in that league.

Kicking up a stink off the pitch is one thing, but he’s played decently on the pitch.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Studge wants to leave. I thought he would contribute more this season but I also didn't expect Firmino to have 16 goals at the beginning of January so it stands to reason he wouldn't get to play much.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm sure if Neymar didn't have a release clause that was triggered by some company sending him money to circumvent spending rules while he attempted to cash in on a loyalty bonus (lol) he would have pulled similar stunts. I didn't hear you complaining about Neymar's transfer though. . .
Man you're reaching so much... not even close to interesting post.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For as “awful” as he has been, he’s been pretty good for them. His numbers are down a tad for last years, but still some of the best in that league.

Kicking up a stink off the pitch is one thing, but he’s played decently on the pitch.
Doesn't seem the opinion of plenty of BL fans.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His involvment this season has put a huge blackmark on this guy. He doesn't care about the team that made him a dot on the football map. That's absolutely gutless. And now he wants to throw another tantrum so that he leaves earlier?
Coutinho? :naughty:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Read Liverpool is asking for £30M.

Lol.
They should. And they have nothing at striker besides him, Firmino, Solanke who is not ready and one legged Danny Ings. Liverpool badly need another striker even if they don’t sell Sturridge.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
On Keita.

If the only January plan was to try and bring him in early to replace Coutinho, why in the world did Liverpool sell Coutinho before waiting to see if Leipzig would budge?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Keita has recovered after a bit of a sloppy start where he was overdribbling, but the two red cards are still a real problem. Still a very good player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's certainly a lot of moves, but at the same time, he's also made what seems to be a pretty impressive upward improvement. I don't know that I consider moving from Salzburg to Leipzig much of a move, as they're basically a feeder team at this point.

I think many players would certainly stamp their feet to get a move, if they had the option, so we might have to disagree there.

I think the trouble is there's only a small group who could actually force their way out.

It's one thing to stamp your feet when your team is just flat out refusing you the move you want. It's a completely different matter when your team has already agreed to grant your desired move in a future window, and is even charging your new club less than they would've required to move you the previous year. RB has been very accomodating in this situation just like BMG was with Xhaka & Dahoud, but where those players professionally fulfilled their obligations to their current clubs...though Mo did struggle to be in shape at times last season once Eberl agreed with Watzke...Keita sitting out after how sloppy he has been all season would be utterly petulant. The BuLi hasn't seen a transfer saga get that childish since the league's rebirth this decade.

I understand it may not seem as ridiculous in other leagues, but in germany no one has been that childish in a long time; so I could see RB feeling forced to make a stand in that situation. Especially with their status as a top team being such a new thing and them not having a long history of negotiations and transfer saga's for people to look at. I know Keita's not going to WC this year so sitting him for months wouldn't be as painful as it would be for a player who's country had qualified, but I still wouldn't be surprised at all if RB called Keita's bluff, even if it cost them some cash in the end...because disgusting as it is, they are a rich team who don't really care as much about the exact figure they get for Keita as they do about establishing themselves as a top team that will be accommodating but that no player can just trample all over.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
It's one thing to stamp your feet when your team is just flat out refusing you the move you want. It's a completely different matter when your team has already agreed to grant your desired move in a future window, and is even charging your new club less than they would've required to move you the previous year. RB has been very accomodating in this situation just like BMG was with Xhaka & Dahoud, but where those players professionally fulfilled their obligations to their current clubs...though Mo did struggle to be in shape at times last season once Eberl agreed with Watzke...Keita sitting out after how sloppy he has been all season would be utterly petulant. The BuLi hasn't seen a transfer saga get that childish since the league's rebirth this decade.

I understand it may not seem as ridiculous in other leagues, but in germany no one has been that childish in a long time; so I could see RB feeling forced to make a stand in that situation. Especially with their status as a top team being such a new thing and them not having a long history of negotiations and transfer saga's for people to look at. I know Keita's not going to WC this year so sitting him for months wouldn't be as painful as it would be for a player who's country had qualified, but I still wouldn't be surprised at all if RB called Keita's bluff, even if it cost them some cash in the end...because disgusting as it is, they are a rich team who don't really care as much about the exact figure they get for Keita as they do about establishing themselves as a top team that will be accommodating but that no player can just trample all over.

You seem to be forgetting Dembele's transfer this past summer

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Good riddance. Leipzig should take Liverpool to the cleaners because they need him and the player has an awful behaviour.

This is hyperbolic. If he threatens to sit out to force a move, that will be when he's done something that isn't common place for BuLi transfers. He hasn't been as professional on the pitch as Lewandowski or Reus were, after their departures were secured, but that's not out of line and for some guys it's just impossible to stay as focused on their current club.

So long as he doesn't threaten to sit out if he doesn't get his way this winter window, I won't be able to complain as someone who wants to see successful & exciting football in eastern germany and so has learned to accept this Leipzig project.
You seem to be forgetting Dembele's transfer this past summer

:laugh: holy s*** you're right. I totally forgot about that because I still want to like Dembele because of how good he is. But yeah he really took it to a level not seen in germany for a long time and Keita would be pushing that even further.

He's still a tremendous player, but he's a lot sloppier. He mis-reads a lot more plays in pressing, he's a lot more lackadaisical with his passing & decision making on the ball; and too often he seems too focused on doing it all himself. Which again isn't unprecedented, even if it's not how Lewa & Marco went about it...but he hasn't been as good on the pitch and that hasn't been helped by the red cards drawing extra negative attention to his decision making out there or the rumors about his petulant behavior off of it.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Keita has recovered after a bit of a sloppy start where he was overdribbling, but the two red cards are still a real problem. Still a very good player.

His form certainly improved, but I wouldn't say he's fully recovered. He was a lot sharper last season, even if he's still able to be effective even when he's not at his best. Too often he's reminded me of Yaya Toure when Yaya stopped giving a s***. The talent to make a difference even when he's not really in the match mentally, but a lot of decisions that just make you shake your head.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sanchez won't be going to Man United by any means...if they offer him like 500K in wages that might change his mind, but everything else is nonsense. He only wants to go to City because of the manager. That's pretty much it and because the manager is a winner, he will always have a chance to win trophies.

Also as we already know, Alexis will NOT be leaving Arsenal in January until there is a "secure" replacement here. Which begs the question, why isn't Wenger going on that?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Real Madrid is probably going to sign someone this summer though after how bad their current season is going.

There aren't a ton of options. Neymar and Mbappe might happen eventually, but not this summer. I can't see Atletico selling Griezmann to Real.

They could go for Kane or De Bruyne. I would think the three big targets this summer will be Kane, De Bruyne and Hazard.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought they were adding Kepa? If not though, yeah, I think they definitely add one of those two keepers.

I think Benzema is going in the summer, so I agree that they'll bring in a striker. Dybala could be added to the list of strikers they could bring in.

I don't really see the big need for Hazard. If Ronaldo or Bale aren't going, where does his playing time come from? Are they going to completely get rid of the roles of Isco and Asensio? Those guys should play more, not less.

If I was Florentino Perez, I'd try to sign De Gea, Kane, put in a big offer for De Bruyne, and then spend the rest of the budget for the summer on younger up and coming players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would be interesting to see Hazard and Neymar in the same side. Don't think that works too well myself.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I thought they were adding Kepa? If not though, yeah, I think they definitely add one of those two keepers.

I think Benzema is going in the summer, so I agree that they'll bring in a striker. Dybala could be added to the list of strikers they could bring in.

I don't really see the big need for Hazard. If Ronaldo or Bale aren't going, where does his playing time come from? Are they going to completely get rid of the roles of Isco and Asensio? Those guys should play more, not less.

If I was Florentino Perez, I'd try to sign De Gea, Kane, put in a big offer for De Bruyne, and then spend the rest of the budget for the summer on younger up and coming players.

If Ronaldo's serious poor form this fall is an indicator of a full-out decline, then that's where the need for Hazard comes from. Not to mention, when has Madrid ever bought based on actual need? That said, I think Hazard is the #3 target for Madrid this summer behind Kane and De Gea, both of whom play positions which are far more pressing concerns.

Current FIFA fantasy is that Madrid deem Isco surplus to requirements if they snag a guy like KdB, and Chelsea grab him to play alongside Hazard behind Morata.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad