Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Arsenal would be stupid to spend 50M+Giroud for Auba.
Especially since they have needs just about everywhere but striker.

Well I don't think Giroud is that important to Arsenal, and he's probably not worth much of a fee now anyway. Mostly just softens the blow for BVB with Reus and Philipp out, and makes them more willing to sell. Auba could be ok for Arsenal next to Lacazette. We'll see.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Now Kicker is saying that BVB want merely to loan out Giroud until the end of the season. Arsenal are offering 50M and will soon offer 60M. BVB want over 70M.

More sensible not to take on Giroud's wages long-term at his age.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Since Auba would be lucky to go for 60M, you think Schurrle is worth Giroud+Xhaka?

He'll go for no less than 60.

And I was also joking, but it does look like it'll be 60M+ and Giroud six month loan, so if Schurrle=Xhaka in value, I guess the joke wasn't so far off.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Giroud > Auba.

German fans will see if you guys have the luxury of landing that dude. He is great. He's gotten the short end of the stick. He's really great.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Giroud > Auba.

German fans will see if you guys have the luxury of landing that dude. He is great. He's gotten the short end of the stick. He's really great.

They're closer than a mainstream fan would think but I still have Auba comfortably ahead.

Also, Bellerin is overrated and Dortmund can do better if they finally decide to ditch Piszczek. Not happening anyway.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Poor trolling, but I explained why.
I don't think it's a great explanation, to be honest. Auba's qualities are a lot more likely to create space for teammates than Giroud's "aura".

I agree with you about questioning whether that position really is the one Arsenal should be spending tons of money on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Completely disagree. Having a big aerial presence in the box opens up a lot more space against regrouped defenses than Auba's speed.
Easily.
Doesn't mean Auba's not better obviously. Just a better fit with Giroud given Arsenal's style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad