Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Even though I'd prefer not to pay that much for a soon to be 32 year old, and we'd have to probably break our policy on 1-year contracts for players over 30, Dzeko would be a huge upgrade. Someone that Conte can trust to play the #9, and someone that can start over Morata when he is going through his funk.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Even though I'd prefer not to pay that much for a soon to be 32 year old, and we'd have to probably break our policy on 1-year contracts for players over 30, Dzeko would be a huge upgrade. Someone that Conte can trust to play the #9, and someone that can start over Morata when he is going through his funk.

Having to break the one-year contract policy will be an interesting hurdle to overcome; that's something Law noted as well. Honestly, I think being flexible with that policy is a good thing. Dzeko is cup-tied, but it means we can use him in the big league games surrounding the Barca tie.

Lass Diarra has taken his medial and will sign with PSG today.

Interesting, saw he was linked with Man City as well. Strange, no?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Amazing deal for BVB if this goes through (with or without Giroud).

Obviously not the end game for teams to sell their best players, but that is a sweet deal for a soon to be 29 year old forward basing much of his game around his pace. And I would agree such a pointless type of player for Arsenal to burn their money on.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So when is Alexis going to be announced? I feel like it’s being announced in the next 24 hours for the last week and a half.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So when is Alexis going to be announced? I feel like it’s being announced in the next 24 hours for the last week and a half.
TheScore just sent notifications that both signings, Alexis Mkh have been completed. Actually if you follow, ArsenalFanTv on Twitter, there were leaked photos yesterday of Sanchez wearing the Man United kit in a photoshoot.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Like I said when everyone thought Alexis was going to City, never underestimate the pettiness of the super rich clubs. Alexis definitely will boost United, but part of the reason they went after him was so that City wouldn't get him, which is probably why City wanted him in the first place.

Reactions: cgf

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
TheScore just sent notifications that both signings, Alexis Mkh have been completed. Actually if you follow, ArsenalFanTv on Twitter, there were leaked photos yesterday of Sanchez wearing the Man United kit in a photoshoot.
Yeah I saw those pictures but still wasn’t official. But now it is so FINALLY

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
ESPNFC are saying sources close to Chelsea are saying they are going after Arnautovic.

While he's a better option than others, I just don't get it. It's like our board is just looking at any player over 6'3", and if they've played in England, they get bonus points.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Winners and Losers:

Winners:
Alexis - for getting paid

Chelsea, Liverpool & Tottenham - because Arsenal gets probably has gotten worse

Losers:
Rashford and/or Martial - going further down the depth chart. Jose is probably going to stick with his vets

Arsenal - duh

Push:
Man Utd - still will finish second. Still should advance to the next round of CL. Don’t think Alexis gets them into first and CL depends on the draw. Nothing has really changed for them.

Mkhitaryan- gets a change of scenery but still hasn’t proven he is at his best in England. Not sure what position he plays.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
ESPNFC are saying sources close to Chelsea are saying they are going after Arnautovic.

While he's a better option than others, I just don't get it. It's like our board is just looking at any player over 6'3", and if they've played in England, they get bonus points.
I’m really surprised Chelsea aren’t going for Giroud.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sanchez can't play in the CL @Savant

I actually really like Arnautovic and think he'd do really well for Chelsea.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yes he can. Don't know where you came up with that.
He played a game for Arsenal in the Europa. As per their eligibility rules he can't play in European competition for another team since it was in the group stages and not qualifying.
Can a player play in UEFA competition for more than one club in the same season?
As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. However, a player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He played a game for Arsenal in the Europa. As per their eligibility rules he can't play in European competition for another team since it was in the group stages and not qualifying.

Sometimes I think you get off on being as wrong as possible. It's actually comical at this point. He didn't play in the Champions League, so he can play in it. Those are the rules, not whatever you just made up.

Reactions: All Might

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can a player play in UEFA competition for more than one club in the same season?
As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. However, a player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.

You didn't even read what you just posted, and you didn't post the whole rule. He and Mkhitaryan are eligible to play for their teams. Period, end of discussion. Sanchez is cup tied in the Europa League, not the CL.

It's in their official regulations. Rule 44.02.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sometimes I think you get off on being as wrong as possible. It's actually comical at this point. He didn't play in the Champions League, so he can play in it. Those are the rules, not whatever you just made up.
Because I read something posted on the UEFA site that isn't clear, and I posted it? Upon some further looking into it (and thanks to your very friendly and helpful information) I've seen that I misunderstood the rule. My mistake. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad