Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And Arsenal are heavily linked with de Maria, but he has physiological fears of the EPL and UK in general. Good, don't want him, but I thought it was funny. UK is a dangerous place for him? Well, come to the USA (or hell, central America).

Are you forgetting the burglary at his house when he was with United? He was a completely different player after that incident.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's better than COuts... if they don't get 100 mill for him they ****ed up.
Touch with an e.

You're right, he's easily the better player, your Barca has really screwed up the transfer prices for players now.

Are you forgetting the burglary at his house when he was with United? He was a completely different player after that incident.
I'm not forgetting, Hollywood stars tend to get burglarized at least once in their lifetime. Sometimes you just gotta cope and the UK isn't a very dangerous place. Argentina has more violent crime and murder than the UK, where UK had more drug charges.

Argentina vs United Kingdom: Crime Facts and Stats

So de Maria's fear is unjustified.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I'm not forgetting, Hollywood stars tend to get burglarized at least once in their lifetime. Sometimes you just gotta cope and the UK isn't a very dangerous place. Argentina has more violent crime and murder than the UK, where UK had more drug charges.

How needlessly callous and dickish. I invite you to move to a new country and have your home invaded within the first six months of your arrival and not have that shake your relationship to your new country.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Touch with an e.

You're right, he's easily the better player, your Barca has really screwed up the transfer prices for players now.

LOL nah That's your EPL. Spending 30 million on Oscars of the world.

That's pretty obvious but it didn't happen in Argentina it happened in the UK. Not in a country he knows and has family/roots in.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How needlessly callous and dickish. I invite you to move to a new country and have your home invaded within the first six months of your arrival and not have that shake your relationship to your new country.
It's an awful thing that happened and I might be negative, but honestly I wish the best for him. Being in fear is awful and just stating that his fear is being overdramatized. I don't want him to live in constant and unrational fear. I gave you statistics that his home country of Argentina has more violent crime, sorry if you cant handle the truth.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It's an awful thing that happened and I might be negative, but honestly I wish the best for him. Being in fear is awful and just stating that his fear is being overdramatized. I don't want him to live in constant and unrational fear. I gave you statistics that his home country of Argentina has more violent crime, sorry if you cant handle the truth.

Okay, but here's the thing: your statistics are completely irrelevant. The point is moving to a new place and immediately being the victim of a crime changes your relationship to that new place, regardless of whether or not your country of origin has a higher crime rate. Hell, if anything, the shattering of the sense of security that comes from living in a place with a lower crime rate could make it all the worse. I'm from Halifax, which objectively has a higher rate of violent crime than Toronto, where I now live. If I had been mugged a few weeks/months into living in Toronto, that would almost definitely leave me living in fear pretty often, and would definitely shake the way I'm able to comfortably live in Toronto. Regardless of the fact that Halifax has a higher crime rate.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ornstein said it's a straight swap. Mkhitaryan for Alexis, no cash involved.

Hopefully he can help us play Wengerball again.

Alexis will be great for Utd no doubt, their next Cantona/Van Persie. I'll be surprised if they don't win the title in the next 3 years. He'll be booed greatly on his return.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Terror for Man United's Angel di Maria as thugs try to break into his mansion | Daily Mail Online

Angel di Maria's wife too scared to return home after attempted break-in on Manchester United winger's house | Daily Mail Online

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I always liked Dzeko and have never seen this left back play

Anyone want to throw some insight my way if they've seen him play?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I always liked Dzeko and have never seen this left back play

Anyone want to throw some insight my way if they've seen him play?
Emerson was Liverpool’s Top LB (over Robertson) target until he tore his ACL on the last day of Serie A. Had a very good season until injury and I think Italy may have gotten him to switch his national team to Gli Azzurri, but his injury may have complicated things. The talent is there. Just a matter of health.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad