Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Looks like I'm stuck with the one way of doing it for now. I don't mind spending a bit more for quality so I guess that's what I will have to do. I'm just kind of wary of even ordering a blank off of NHL.com.
You could see about calling the NHL store in Manhattan and seeing about buying a blank from them and then having them send it to ArenaWear from customization, and then AW mails it to you.

They sent my blank to AW easily, albeit AW shipped it back to them and I had to pick it up. But you might be able to just have them ship it out to you when it's done.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Sounds like a lot of work for me, living in Europe. And I'll only be in NY for 5 days for the Winter Classic. Not nearly enough time to have it customized

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Sounds like a lot of work for me, living in Europe. And I'll only be in NY for 5 days for the Winter Classic. Not nearly enough time to have it customized
Yeah, it might be better if you just bought yours customized outright. Living in Europe definitely does change timelines a bit.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I actually don't like the jersey. It's really close to the inaugural jersey, but I don't like that shade of blue with the white collar and large red stripes. Make the collar red and the stripes a bit smaller and I would've liked it a bit more.

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
Kinda thought this would sort itself out by now considering we’re only 5 weeks away, but did anyone actually receive their tickets yet? Bought mine with the STH presale but don’t remember what shipping that i selected. And looking back at my emails, all that i see is an order confirmation.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Kinda thought this would sort itself out by now considering we’re only 5 weeks away, but did anyone actually receive their tickets yet? Bought mine with the STH presale but don’t remember what shipping that i selected. And looking back at my emails, all that i see is an order confirmation.

Only hard copy tickets which ship out in early December.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So I tried to follow the thread, apologies if this is redundant I have been out of the jersey game for a while:

I want to get a Miller WC jersey.

1. Do they sell these pre-customized at MSG/Cosby's? Can I (my gf) access the MSG store without tickets?

2. If that doesn't work, will 3rd parties like sportsk get these? Or do I have to do blank -> Arena Wear?

3. Fanatics are cheaper/worse quality? So avoid them? I used to buy Premier with RBK. Don't need 100% authentic but want a decent sweater.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope the game will be entertaining as much attention this topic deserves here on HF, and on the official New York Rangers homepage. :)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So I tried to follow the thread, apologies if this is redundant I have been out of the jersey game for a while:

I want to get a Miller WC jersey.

1. Do they sell these pre-customized at MSG/Cosby's? Can I (my gf) access the MSG store without tickets?

2. If that doesn't work, will 3rd parties like sportsk get these? Or do I have to do blank -> Arena Wear?

3. Fanatics are cheaper/worse quality? So avoid them? I used to buy Premier with RBK. Don't need 100% authentic but want a decent sweater.

Thanks in advance

1) Not sure about Cosbys as i haven’t been but that’s a yes to both at MSG.

2) Not sure on that.

3) I wouldn’t bother with Fanatics if they’re making these. adidas only makes one line of jerseys which are the authentics. If you remember the Indo-EDGE, that’s what these authentics are as the Canadian made on ice jerseys are only being made available to the teams as of now. Consensus around jersey collectors is the adidas Indo authentics are lesser quality than the Indo-EDGE so think a cross between the old premiers and Indo-EDGE’s in terms of quality. Kind of reflected in price too as an old blank Indo-EDGE retailed for $300 while you can get a fully customized for adidas less than that.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I would only expect the tickets. 2012 came with a laynyard but the Rangers made us pay extra for that stuff (lanyard, Rally Towel, and hat).

Do you think they will sell the lanyards at the fan fest? Anyone who went to the Winter Classic 6 years ago?

(Typing this, just made me realize it's been 6 f***ing years since we beat Philly in the Winter Classic)

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

Not yet. They should go out in early December.

eenyc21

Feb 7, 2014
021820F5-D1D7-4CEB-8508-603598652DD0.jpeg

Winter Classic tickets arrived today via FedEx Express.

dubidubidu

Apr 27, 2012
SI,NY 10304
My tickets are apparently waiting for me at home.. cant wait to check them out. General question since I can't find anything. Will there be any other events before/after the game?? Usually there's an alumni game, public skating session, etc. Going back to past WCs these were all announced by September/October at the latest.. seems kinda odd, no?

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I really wanted a Skjei Jersey but they didn't have any on the nhl site so I went with the classic Hank jersey. Anyone receive any of their jerseys yet? I heard that the names are heat pressed on and not stitched is it true?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I really wanted a Skjei Jersey but they didn't have any on the nhl site so I went with the classic Hank jersey. Anyone receive any of their jerseys yet? I heard that the names are heat pressed on and not stitched is it true?
If you order from the NHL website, they're going to be heat pressed.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Return it immediately. NHL.com is all crap heat pressed garbage. Buy at MSG, NHL store or get a blank and have Arena Wear do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad