Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Got an Adizero Rangers jersey for Christmas, who should I get on it Buchnevich or Skjei?
I really want Buch, he's my favorite player and I love long name/high numbers on jerseys but I'm worried he could go back to Russia or something
I don't think he will go back to Russia any time soon. More likly to get traded in a stupid trade than go back to Motherland.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I though that myself. It's one thing to carry yourself in a certain light but sometimes some of the things he says it just sounds like he's way to into himself
Being a star since one was a kid, landing in the NHL on a high draft pick, having everyone tell you how amazing you are (and making careers off of you) probably goes to a person’a head.

Be tough to resist that, though some do.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Not worried about the cold. Just layer well, or if you're like me throw caution to the wind and go crazy

Kind of wish they did away with musical acts between periods, though
It will be 20F and sunny. That’s not bad. I was just in -6F and windy.

My guess is they planned for more time between periods in case the ice needed serious work.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Isn’t a large part of what made it amazing that it was a good game between true rivals (indoors or outdoors)?

Seems premature to condemn tomorrow’s game entirely before it is played.

Eh, a little. For me it was more because it was a once a life game played outdoors. Now it's every year, sometimes multiple games a year. So it lost its WOW.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The game has lost its value if you’re watching on TV. But if you’re attending, it’s still a hell of an event. I’m kind of over the outdoor game thing in general but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to be at the ballpark tomorrow.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Being a star since one was a kid, landing in the NHL on a high draft pick, having everyone tell you how amazing you are (and making careers off of you) probably goes to a person’a head.

Be tough to resist that, though some do.
At least he must got bullied with all that Acne to compensate a little.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I just listen to AV interview from the ice practice I did not had time earlier, and he will use the same lines and almost avoided the last line question end of the interview.

Anyway I see fireworks near the Brooklyn Bridge in New York - a happy new year!! :)
The winter classic game is at 1 pm so don`t party too late, hehe. ))

Last edited:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Definitely less excited about this than the first WC and the Stadium series games. But that's largely cause it's not a rivalry game. And the Devils/Islanders aren't big enough to get one.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Liking Hanks mask. I prefer a minimalist mask. I think that is what made Richter's mask amazing. Though I don't understand the infatuation with lightning bolts on Hank's masks? Is this some hidden plea by him that he wants to be with the Tampa Bay Bolts? ;)

Lightning bolts are prevalent in rock music. Ac/DC for example had one as their cover on one of their albums. He's probably paying homage to his guitar playing hobby and love of Rock N Roll music on the mask.

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lightning bolts are prevalent in rock music. Ac/DC for example had one as their cover on one of their albums. He's probably paying homage to his guitar playing hobby and love of Rock N Roll music on the mask.
Ride the Lightning comes to mind as well

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Happy New Year all! Gym, dog park, then cooking, drinking and watching some outdoor hockey on this glorious, frigid day off.

Reactions: Ori

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My Bengals and the Red Rifle yesterday ensured that all of Western New York will be too hungover to even manage to watch the game #WhoDey #BillsMafia. Seriously even if this gets as ugly on the ice as I expect nobody in blue and gold is really going to care after yesterday (which was essentially Christmas for the 716).

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Been looking forward to this for months. When all is said and done, I love outdoor games. And to have the Rangers in the WC, to me, is still exiting.

Hope everyone who goes is going to have a blast and have dug out their thermals!

That said, let's get a big two points.

LGR!!

Reactions: GordonGecko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad