Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone know if you buy a blank WC2018 NYR jersey from the NHL store on 47th and 6th and have it sent to Arenawear for customization through the NHL store, what the turn around time is? I know someone mentioned that Arenawear will not complete any personal customization before the New Year. I wonder if sending it via the NHL store expedites customization? I'd like to see if the have one tomorrow and get it name/number/patch all stitched instead of heat pressed before the WC.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Adding a couple photos.

Faux "sewn-on" number peeling before it was even worn:
View media item 861

That is pretty bad. They clearly did a bad job heat pressing. The numbers should not peel like that. Hope you get your money back. I didn’t know you could send returns back to them.

I bought one of the Fanatics replica ones at Modell’s before the game tonight. Everything except the nameplate is heat pressed, but it seems to be well heat pressed. It has the shoulder patch, which most of the online ones and the “authentics” at Dicks seem to be missing.They are selling the, for $180 pre-customized, only Lundqvist available, was able to use a Modell’s 15% off coupon and then with tax came to $165.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone know if you buy a blank WC2018 NYR jersey from the NHL store on 47th and 6th and have it sent to Arenawear for customization through the NHL store, what the turn around time is? I know someone mentioned that Arenawear will not complete any personal customization before the New Year. I wonder if sending it via the NHL store expedites customization? I'd like to see if the have one tomorrow and get it name/number/patch all stitched instead of heat pressed before the WC.

I think the league gave them a mandate from what I heard not to customize prior to the game which is why this is the case so I don’t think that would change anything.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Hey--
I was in the NHL store on Monday. They told me they were getting another shipment of WC jerseys on Friday. Not sure how long they would last.

They told me they do some customization in-store and send out for other customization, which takes 7-10 days. (I think that's what they said., but maybe it was 5; I'm doubting my memory now.)

If they have blanks and are willing to send out for proper customization w/ a <=2 week turnaround, I'd be happy to pay someone to help me out.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
That is pretty bad. They clearly did a bad job heat pressing. The numbers should not peel like that. Hope you get your money back. I didn’t know you could senior returns back to them.
Agreed.

I don't think it's normal practice for them to do this. Took me 3 days of trying to get to the Team Store and find out if I could make this return. When I finally got through I was told it was no problem, but actually getting through was ... challenging.

Had this been refused I would have taken it up with my credit card company. No way I was going to get stuck with a sub-par sweater for the better part of $300.

Reactions: lhg39

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I bought a blank Adizero or whatever online today. Hopefully it comes with the WC patch or I’ll be kind of disappointed
From which store/site? It appears that *most* being sold online do NOT have the patch. Hope yours does, though. NHL store, Adidas.com, and all others I'm seeing are specifically shown without the patch.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
From which store/site? It appears that *most* being sold online do NOT have the patch. Hope yours does, though. NHL store, Adidas.com, and all others I'm seeing are specifically shown without the patch.
Worst case scenario is that I just get one and stitch it down myself then. I had a bit of a discounted price so I’m not too salty. At least until the sale starts tax kicked in.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Hey--
I was in the NHL store on Monday. They told me they were getting another shipment of WC jerseys on Friday. Not sure how long they would last.

They told me they do some customization in-store and send out for other customization, which takes 7-10 days. (I think that's what they said., but maybe it was 5; I'm doubting my memory now.)

If they have blanks and are willing to send out for proper customization w/ a <=2 week turnaround, I'd be happy to pay someone to help me out.

Anything they do in store is heat pressed. If you want the jersey quick, that is fine, just know what you are getting. You can always have someone stitch down the heat pressed numbers as well, I have done that in the past occasionally.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hey--

When I bought a blank from the store roughly 2 months ago and had it sent out to ArenaWear to get customized, it was about a week turnaround time.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
If anyone is interested, I have a brand new authentic 2018 winter classic rangers jersey (blank) size 46. I will sell for cheaper than the NHL store. PM me if interested!

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
If anyone is interested, I have a brand new authentic 2018 winter classic rangers jersey (blank) size 46. I will sell for cheaper than the NHL store. PM me if interested!

Curious: Did you get this at the physical NHL store? Did it have the WC patch?

FWIW, Arena Wear told me today that they are not accepting ANY customization jobs before the end of the year. Not sure if they have an agreement with the NHL store, but that is what they told me as an individual.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Quick update. Called the NHL store.

They do have the WC sweaters in stock.

They also have the patches, but they are a separate purchase.

They will not ship to me. :(

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Curious: Did you get this at the physical NHL store? Did it have the WC patch?

FWIW, Arena Wear told me today that they are not accepting ANY customization jobs before the end of the year. Not sure if they have an agreement with the NHL store, but that is what they told me as an individual.

I purchased online from NHL.com, the blanks don’t come with the patch. I bought that separately tho.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
For those that ordered a customized adidas from shop.nhl.com, modells, any of those types of sites online; how was the customization? I think the ones MSG are getting are precustomized from adidas, or at least I think based on the context clues I’ve put together, so I’m curious if it’s the same for the online sites.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Just got back from the NHL store on 47th and 6th. They have the Adidas jerseys, but no patches left. Got the jersey sent out to get customized and was told it would be 14 business days turn around time. When additional patches came in I could get it heat pressed, but my quick thinking, I took the subway to Cosby’s and they had 1 patch left. Booked it back to the NHL store and had the patch added to my customization order. Now just need to wait.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Just got back from the NHL store on 47th and 6th. They have the Adidas jerseys, but no patches left. Got the jersey sent out to get customized and was told it would be 14 business days turn around time. When additional patches came in I could get it heat pressed, but my quick thinking, I took the subway to Cosby’s and they had 1 patch left. Booked it back to the NHL store and had the patch added to my customization order. Now just need to wait.

Report back in a few weeks with pics of the jersey.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Through Arena Wear? If I could get it guaranteed I’d get the jersey back in time for the game I’d do that too.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Through Arena Wear? If I could get it guaranteed I’d get the jersey back in time for the game I’d do that too.

Arena Wear told me customization wouldn’t be ready until after the new year. All work sent from the NHL store comes first before custom orders.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
How much was the blank at the NHL store? And can you buy a blank separately and have it sent through the NHL store? Haven’t done it in a while as I’ve been sending to Arena Wear direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad