Post-Game Talk: Winter Classic - New York Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I wonder if he’s using one of those old Gordie Howe flat blade sticks. If so, he ought to get a curved blade so he can lift the puck. Who’s with me?
How many "at the door" opportunities he's had in which we hear; "Nash was robbed, and he just couldn't lift it, otherwise he would've scored".".

I still support him and his overall play......but it just seems he relishes in "he played a good game, and does all the right things" as opposed to putting the team on his back and actually putting the darned biscuit in the basket. True leaders put the puck in the net when needed. Like he miraculously did last week.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I was there! First outdoor game for me, and I loved it. Was definitely very cold but I had more layers than I can count, so I faired pretty well. Definitely didn't feel like I had to go inside out of fear of frostbite or anything.

The souvenir cup they were giving out with the hot chocolate is pretty nice too. Overall a really fun experience and glad to get a W!
Nice! Hey McDoughnut.......do you know why we call Ryan.........McDoughnut?

Because he has ZERO goals! Lol

P.S. yeah, I know we called him that sometimes prior to this season. Just funny (not so funny) how he's living up/down to the nickname.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I remember seeing the game tying goal and the next thing I know is waking up in the hospital. My friends called the EMT because I wasn't responding. They took me past the players locker room on my way to the ambulance apparently. I can't remember but my friends took photos haha. I'm doing better now.

Wow, glad you're doing better. I was at the Giant's game on Sunday and it was pretty damn cold.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
For the handful who don't know, the Rangers cannot play a single game other than MSG as the home team, or they will lose city property tax exempt status for the Garden.

Remnant from 1982 agreement but it's worth ~50million/yr.
Kind of like "homestead" here in Florida. When I bought my house, I was like.......what the hell is homestead?

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
I saw quite a few Buffalo fans in my section. Probably 15%-20% is a good estimate.

BTW, to me this is easily the best NYR jersey made in quite awhile.

Yes, I was sitting in 434 and the section next to me was filled with Buffalo fans. They tried getting a "Let's Go Buffalo" but it was quieted quickly. Although it was a great experience, the rivalry isn't there, so that aspect kinda sucked. Philly was better because of the animosity towards each other - dueling chants, shit talking, etc.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, I was sitting in 434 and the section next to me was filled with Buffalo fans. They tried getting a "Let's Go Buffalo" but it was quieted quickly. Although it was a great experience, the rivalry isn't there, so that aspect kinda sucked. Philly was better because of the animosity towards each other - dueling chants, **** talking, etc.
I noticed a few sections seemed to be filled with Sabres fans. But, I counted 7 in my section, plus another 2 Isles fans rooting for the Sabres. Yes, I counted.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
On another note. I don't like how you can't click on a previously quoted text.......without having to find it yourself. An I missing something on how to do that? Anyone?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
On another note. I don't like how you can't click on a previously quoted text.......without having to find it yourself. An I missing something on how to do that? Anyone?
You mean like...clicking on the quoted comment to go back to where it was in the thread?

There is a poorly colored up-arrow next to the "[insert user] said:" part of the quote box. Click that.

You can do this on the mobile website as well, though it's more difficult because fat fingering is more likely to happen :laugh:

Czu8SMT.png

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Milbury is a clown and buffoon. But to be fair, he's being asked to do something has business doing and something he didn't sign up for. He's an awful replacement for Eddie O. But he's put in a tough situation.
I don't get it, is there a color commentator shortage?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well, that was one to remember. I missed the overtime goal by Miller because I was rushed to the hospital with hypothermia. **** my life. Was a great experience though. National anthem, the flyover etc.
Luckily I fly to Florida today to warm up a bit more.

Yeah I saw it was a strong wind and it`s much colder in minus degree for sure. I`m glad u are better - in Florida at least Miami beach is the current weather (yr) 21 degrees - enjoy your stay! :)

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I don't get it, is there a color commentator shortage?

I imagine it would have had been a much more fun afternoon if JR did color commentary and Milbury was in the stands talking to people. But my guess is Milbury got the gig in place of Eddie O, based on seniority.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I've seen Buffalo fans blaming the loss on the refs.

Did they not watch the game during Buffalo's five power plays at least two were weak calls plus the too many men which got called for some reason despite nobody involved in the change going near the play, something usually let go.

Do they expect a blatant trip in OT to not get called? Refs will let ticky tack interference and stuff go in a close game, but if you blatantly trip someone in OT it gets called 10/10 times.

Also saw someone say Vesey embellished. Lol, sometimes people just see what they want to see.

mcdoughnut

Jan 22, 2017
New York
Nice! Hey McDoughnut.......do you know why we call Ryan.........McDoughnut?

Because he has ZERO goals! Lol

P.S. yeah, I know we called him that sometimes prior to this season. Just funny (not so funny) how he's living up/down to the nickname.

Oh jeez.. didn't even realize that. Just thought it was a fun play on words. *shrugs* Oh well.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
And it's not even February.

If you noticed at the Winter Classic, the butt move is returning earlier this year.

The butt move is an active gauge of his desperation. Also, if you noticed how I spelled his first name, it was not a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad