Post-Game Talk: Winter Classic - New York Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, the Rangers got a fortuitous call after not once getting the same hooking calls the Sabres got earlier in the game.

Honestly, I thought the game itself was terrible.

Reactions: leetch99

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Milbury.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, the Sabres have been better lately. I'm disappointed that the game was this close because of how we started but 3-2 in OT without that context is not some sort of black mark on this team.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Nash more often than not refuses to pass the puck. A real black hole. He plays a game where often if he doesn't score nobody on his line will score. I would hate playing on his line. AV should out him with Vesey and put Buch with Zibs and Zooks.
I'm tired of Rick Nash, really. The story that he is snakebitten and blah blah blah is rubbish. He is what he is now, a decent player who can't finish if his life depends on it. Trade him, plz.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
4th line was good, Hayes line was good, Vesey was pretty good, Skjei and Staal were good, Hank was very good.
We looked great for the majority of the 1st and then just tailed off. PP continues to suck but the the PK was very good.

During the playoffs and Winter Classics, Doc always makes a big deal about the handshake line; if it's such a big deal, why not just shake hands after every game?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This team is going to sorely miss Kreider. Not good.

Nash needs to reliably be a beast but we seem to only get that every few games now.

Henrik was great again big saves late in 3rd.

Good job Millsey to pot the winner.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Home?
Away?
Enroute?

2 points. Not sure if the team really earned it, but I do feel that I earned it. Not scintillating hockey.
Edit: squeaked out a win. Sorry, but the 'got the 2 points' attitude doesn't feel right today, at least not to me.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm tired of Rick Nash, really. The story that he is snakebitten and blah blah blah is rubbish. He is what he is now, a decent player who can't finish if his life depends on it. Trade him, plz.
I would be okay with him being "snake-bitten" but he keeps trying to beat 2-3 men instead of passing the puck to his teammates and takes changes on the way back on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad