Post-Game Talk: Winter Classic - New York Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I wonder if he’s using one of those old Gordie Howe flat blade sticks. If so, he ought to get a curved blade so he can lift the puck. Who’s with me?
He is using a flat blade stick so he can make all those passes to his linemates :D

Reactions: egelband

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
hey guys and gals since the nhl.com shop still sucks where is the best place to buy an authentic jersey with either zibs or buch...ive been willing to wait so i still am. Any help would be great!!

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This guy is a complete amateur. [Milbury] To so blatantly hate the Rangers on a national broadcast. It’s dumb and it’s reallllly old.
Oh, I KNOW!!! I was watching it with my husband (he's their good luck charm; undefeated in games he's watched with me this season). He's not a hockey fan mainly, he likes watching but is more into football and even HE noticed how Milbury hates the Rangers with his subtle and not-so-subtle digs at our team. He is a POS.
Edited to add: Remember that other Winter Classic we were in where Milbury called us the "Blueshits"?

Reactions: egelband and bl02

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
BTW, this is something that I complained in previous Winter Classics on the main boards and didn't get anywhere. I understand why they stop the game halfway through the 3rd and OT, but I don't like that they do it. It may be the better option, but I don't like a random stoppage in a game that isn't there in a normal game. What if the stoppage prevents a high quality chance from happening and perhaps a goal?
What if they didn't switch and the wind ends up leading to a goal? Pick your poison. They'd rather it be fair in this case. Didn't the mid period buzzer stop a breakaway one year? Shit happens. I just think of it as an extra intermission without the fuss. There should be a countdown timer like a pp/period timer so players know if they have to hurry before the buzzer hits.

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Interesting with Grab-Hayes-Nash. I don’t think those three have played much together at all these past two years, but Hayes has good chemistry with both so maybe there’s something there. Still not a fan of VDB, but it’ll have to do with Miller being put back to wing with Kreider out. We really need another C for next year, and hopefully Chytil or Andersson can be an in-house option.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Interesting with Grab-Hayes-Nash. I don’t think those three have played much together at all these past two years, but Hayes has good chemistry with both so maybe there’s something there. Still not a fan of VDB, but it’ll have to do with Miller being put back to wing with Kreider out. We really need another C for next year, and hopefully Chytil or Andersson can be an in-house option.

The new (let's see how long it will last) top six looks intriguing.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hayes still has a chance to get some points with Grabs on his wing. The other guy will not be able to convert his passes to the back of the net

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Buch has regressed pretty noticeable the last 15 games or so. He's a little too easy to take off the puck and needs to be able to do more with the space he gets (which isn't a lot). Hopefully this is more a slump and not what we're to expect the rest of the way

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I wonder how many on this board know what you are talking about. I remember discussing it the next day with the Sepe family :)

They also don’t get the Bruins Rivalry and why Mike wouldn’t mind if we all died in a fire.

Lump them in with the same numb nuts who are actually get this happy...BOING!

That the Islanders have a chance at staying and getting better.

I want to lock them in a room hell week style blasting 1940!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
They also don’t get the Bruins Rivalry and why Mike wouldn’t mind if we all died in a fire.

Lump them in with the same numb nuts who are actually get this happy...BOING!

That the Islanders have a chance at staying and getting better.

I want to lock them in a room hell week style blasting 1940!
You are showing your age! :D

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
For those who are wondering about what's being discussed:

Loved it yesterday when the Sabres got their first PP, and Dilbury said "hopefully, they can do something with it." Jackelope.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
It was an "away" game in name only. That was as much of a home game for the Rangers as any game at MSG is. Seemed as if it was 95% or so Ranger fans as from the many pans of the crowd, I think I saw two Sabre jersey's from the comfort of my cushy couch. When they panned the stadium after the Miller OT winner, it was all Ranger fans going bonkers in Ranger jerseys.

So this narrative that it was an away game for us is pure folly. It was as much of a home game as any other game.....
I say 10 t0 20% were Sabre fans. In my group of 4, 1 person is a Buffallo transplant and Sabre fan. That right there is 25% :-9
Whenever the Sabre's scored or a call went there way it was evident by the cheers.

I have noticed in all my years going to MSG whenever the Rangers play the Sabre's they are well represented.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
It seemed completely full. In the middle deck, field level, and hyundai club, you have access to indoor club. People were going in and out of there constantly.
Wait wait .wait.. I was in section 124. I could have gone into the Hyundai club!?? I walked past it a couple of times. I thought it was reserved for fans from section 115 to 120.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad