Post-Game Talk: Winter Classic - New York Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It was great to see that they played for Kreider this game - it was rumored he was going to visit the team before the game started. It was not a great hockey game related to quality, and we miss a good 1st line which was -2 in this game, and most experts from Sweden also mentioned this on Viasat TV after the game.

I would enjoy to move Miller up to the first line swap him with Nash, he was the best player this day with Henrik, and Skjei had a good game. I think Nash should play some 4th line minutes until he figure it out - he had some chemistry with Fast earlier and he is back from injury.

That's awesome. I didn't know that. I may have missed it but I don't think NBC mentioned CK at all. I was kind of bothered about it too.

Reactions: Ori

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So for those that went, what % full would you say the stadium was. Hard to tell on TV, although there were definitely quite a few sections that had a lot of empty seats.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So for those that went, what % full would you say the stadium was. Hard to tell on TV, although there were definitely quite a few sections that had a lot of empty seats.
Place was packed but a good amount of people left after the second because of the cold.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I would be okay with him being "snake-bitten" but he keeps trying to beat 2-3 men instead of passing the puck to his teammates and takes changes on the way back on defense.
He’s never adapted his game to changing trends in the NHL or to his changing ability. He still plays like he’s 19, most defenses are loose and he can just dangle through them.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Nash more often than not refuses to pass the puck. A real black hole. He plays a game where often if he doesn't score nobody on his line will score. I would hate playing on his line. AV should out him with Vesey and put Buch with Zibs and Zooks.
I wonder if he’s using one of those old Gordie Howe flat blade sticks. If so, he ought to get a curved blade so he can lift the puck. Who’s with me?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Milbury.png
This guy is a complete amateur. To so blatantly hate the Rangers on a national broadcast. It’s dumb and it’s reallllly old.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Did you root for or against the home team?

Yes, it’s a trickery of a trick question that’s been engineered into tricking you.

giphy.gif

My nephew said it felt colder than when he went to Lambeau field for NFC championship game in 2008 when temp was -1. No thanks. I was comfortable watching from the couch.

I'm a big baseball fan so I've been to Citi a few times. A lot of stadiums have a wind current that flows through wherever the stadium is open, or shorter. For example, at Yankee Stadium, the wind leaves over the right field bleachers because the upper deck is so high in the box seats. When it comes to hitting home runs, distance means shit. Major League hitters hit it far enough if they get a hold of it. Being a hitter-friendly park depends entirely on whether the wind tunnel goes in or out. Yankee Stadium depends on the time of year, but tends to go out, which is why you have that little spot where the homers really fly. Citi Field's current famously comes straight in. Which is why it's not a hitter's park, and why it's always much colder inside than outside. It was well below zero inside the stadium.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I’ve been seeing that quote since 2005.

We’re approaching the harder portion of our schedule and Lundqvist is #4 in the league in TOI. Bob is #1 with about 30 more minutes played. 1/2 game.

I’m terrified we might do something stupid again, like invest futures for decent talent that’ll make zero difference when all is said and done.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Yeah and outside of winning the cup we’re probably the most successful team in the league in that time. Two years in a row we were a few bad breaks from winning the Cup so it’s not like saying that about Henrik and our chances is crazy.

He props up this team as he’s always done and as a result we’re better for it and it gives us a chance. This team is far closer to being capable of a long playoff run than it is tanking the season, no matter how much some of you want that.

And sorry, in this league where we see franchises stuck in mediocrity for decades, no team would or frankly should just throw away any time that they’re competitive.

I agree they shouldn’t spend assets on rentals but I don’t think they should actively sell. If someone offers you something you can’t turn down then you make the move, but you don’t torpedo your team in name of assets. Sorry, that won’t happen not for the Rangers not for any team. It’s hard to be good and make the playoffs in this league, that shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Just because our team isn’t perfect on paper and has flaws doesn’t mean it should be blown up nor does it mean they don’t have a shot.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I’m curious if Fast is actually all healed up from his injury

He was supposed to be out 2-3 weeks and coming back in 10 days is interesting.

I’d rather be safe than sorry with him

Would not be surprised to see him scratched again for the next few games. He was probably barely ready to play, but got the go ahead because of the nature of the event.

They haven’t reassigned Lettieri yet.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Would not be surprised to see him scratched again for the next few games. He was probably barely ready to play, but got the go ahead because of the nature of the event.

Hartford did send Troock back to Greenville today, and Troock was the guy Hartford signed to a PTO the same day that Lettieri was recalled by the Rangers. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but we'll see.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008

Because they wanted Fast in the event or he begged to be in it? Doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad