Post-Game Talk: Winter Classic - New York Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm glad that Milbury is so blatantly annoyed.
He is seriously the worst color analyst I’ve ever heard of any sport. Even removing his biases and whatever. He just adds nothing it’s basically like a guy who knows nothing about hockey doing the analysis while being so nervous he can’t form sentences. It’s brutal that NBC has him as the color guy for their top team. I get that they didn’t wanna replace Eddie O but come on. Milbury is embarrassingly bad.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I hope the people who paid good money to attend had fun all things considered, but watching from home that was a bad game and pretty poor entertainment outside of the fact they won. The Flyers game was 10x better.

Agreed. The Flyer game was much better. I don't remember the camera angles at that game but this game was annoying to watch on TV.

Reactions: leetch99

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Not sure why this was a Buffalo home game, but 2 pts. is neat.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
I like the performance of Grabner, Hayes and Miller. The 2nd goal of the game was a pleasure to watch.

Reactions: belford222

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I hope the people who paid good money to attend had fun all things considered, but watching from home that was a bad game and pretty poor entertainment outside of the fact they won. The Flyers game was 10x better.

Yeah, this game lacked the intensity you get from watching from ice level at MSG which is understandable but I did enjoy the cold and the atmosphere. The cold brought me back to life after last nights shenanigans :laugh:

Reactions: TheTakedown

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A few players I wasn't that happy with today--Nash, McDonagh, Holden, Zibanejad, Buchnevich. To me it was mostly McDonagh that screwed up on the tying goal though Nash helped him out. Holden was handling the puck all day like it was a hand grenade. Zibanejad and Buchnevich--too quiet.

The Nieves--Carey combination has been pretty good--Fast coming back today was a very helpful addition. I like Hayes, Miller and Grabner together. Desharnais and Vesey each had a good game. Skjei was our best D today--Staal had a solid game.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
All the money fans spent on 2018 WC jerseys won't be a waste now.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He's been great the past few games, out of nowhere. I wonder if he is just more comfortable on the right side.
I know we all rag on Staal and it was deserved mostly especially last season, but he’s been largely okay this season. And this team is much better when he’s playing good defense. He’s an important at PKer and can effectively eat tough minutes so when he’s better it’s better for all of us. He’ll never live up to his contract but at this point we just have to hope he can keep up his strong play.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Nice for Shatty to get the primary assist on the GWG. I feel like it’s been a long time since he’s had one of those and the pp has suffered accordingly.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
A few players I wasn't that happy with today--Nash, McDonagh, Holden, Zibanejad, Buchnevich. To me it was mostly McDonagh that screwed up on the tying goal though Nash helped him out. Holden was handling the puck all day like it was a hand grenade. Zibanejad and Buchnevich--too quiet.

The Nieves--Carey combination has been pretty good--Fast coming back today was a very helpful addition. I like Hayes, Miller and Grabner together. Desharnais and Vesey each had a good game. Skjei was our best D today--Staal had a solid game.
Brady makes everything alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad