Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Although the idea to use the Jets wordmark alternate logo as the main logo on a thrid jersey doesn't seem too popular with some, I would say it does look a little better than the logo used in the WHA inaugural season of 1972-73.

winnipeg-logo.gif
winnipeg-jets-text_color_3.jpg

:jets

Sure it does look better but "better" is pretty relative here: I don't think comparing design standards of the early 70s compared to 2010s is fair :D

Reactions: Imcanadianeh

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
The Jets are one of the rumored teams to get a 3rd for next year. I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully at the draft.

Reactions: purdy44

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey guys,

So I got to talk to my buddy again last night at hockey. A bit of clarification on a misunderstanding on my part. Adidas will continue to make the player worn authentic jerseys. Fanatics are making the replicas.

However, he is 100% adamant and sure this will be the game worn, legit 3rd jersey for the Jets next year: Powder blue primary color, script word logo with a jet running through the T.

He is checking at work today for non disclosure on the design but it if it doesn't say anything he is going to send me an actual render I can share here! If not he promised I can at least have a peek on his phone next weekend at hockey :)

Yup, it's what I figured as well and you're absolutely right.

I might still get a peek at it tonight, I'll let you guys know

Why is it dead?

I didn't skate last night (due to coming back from a cruise and still feeling like I was at sea :) )

I'll see my buddy on Sunday and he's going to show me a pic. I can give more detail then. Of course if you don't believe me or aren't interested you can just stop coming into this thread. I have no doubt this guy is legit and telling the truth, though.

That's a good question. The NHL's usual MO is not to upstage anything with another announcement (common sense) so they will probably wait till closer to TC I think. I think they want SCF, Draft, and FA to have their own spotlights. Just a hunch - I'll ask my buddy if he knows when it will be announced.

Hey Jet, I think it's time you gave an update regarding the sneak peek of the Jets third jersey that your buddy was supposed to show you. Some of our board members have been waiting for a while now and getting a little impatient.

:jets

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Relax guys, patience is a virtue. If anything comes up it'll be cool but don't get all agitated at Jet. Any rumour is more interesting than nothing.

Reactions: Jet

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Relax guys, patience is a virtue. If anything comes up it'll be cool but don't get all agitated at Jet. Any rumour is more interesting than nothing.

This is true, but an update would go along way to make it more interesting!

Reactions: Jet

None

Feb 22, 2012
2-3 teams have already announced they're revealing 3rd jerseys at the draft, don't be too surprised to see more teams reveal theirs without announcing it. It's only 3 weeks away at this point, not a long wait.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Agree 100% , if they made a nice , not cheap , looking white jersey for the playoffs it would get embraced by the fans here and would sell like crazy .

Here’s what I made in a matter of minutes, ofcoarse it doesn’t look too nice but white shoulders and a rubbery design would look cool.

3A137750-CE2A-4B0C-9607-DB33D3AEAA25.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: purdy44 and Jets 31

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
2-3 teams have already announced they're revealing 3rd jerseys at the draft, don't be too surprised to see more teams reveal theirs without announcing it. It's only 3 weeks away at this point, not a long wait.
jets would reveal it with which 1st round pick?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I smell bulls##**!
Do ya, JetsNut?

I've been on these boards since 04. I have been a moderator, and have been vetted by the admin here. Do you think I'd risk my reputation but posting some shit about a 3rd jersey? Why, to gain notoriety?

Honestly, I don't really care what any of the people I don't know on here think of me. Fill yer boots. Again, if you think I am full of shit, then by all means, stop coming into this thread.

But, when the jersey is revealed, I'd appreciate an apology (and a puppy, I love puppies) :)

IF you need a detailed explanation as to why there has been no sketch, here you go:

I was on a cruise week before last, I got home on Friday so skipped hockey that night. The Sunday was Memorial Day long weekend here so hockey was cancelled. I skated on Friday, but my buddy did not attend. I hope to see him tonight. If not, you can continue to think I am lying about something so absolutely ridiculous - it's up to you.

NOW, for all of you on here who KNOW me, I won't be posting the sketch here as there is an NDA and I already had some random PM me and ask me questions about my friend. I am not about to get him in trouble or fired. If I get to see the rendering of the jersey, I will share a sketch via PM with people I trust.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Do ya, JetsNut?

I've been on these boards since 04. I have been a moderator, and have been vetted by the admin here. Do you think I'd risk my reputation but posting some **** about a 3rd jersey? Why, to gain notoriety?

Honestly, I don't really care what any of the people I don't know on here think of me. Fill yer boots. Again, if you think I am full of ****, then by all means, stop coming into this thread.

But, when the jersey is revealed, I'd appreciate an apology (and a puppy, I love puppies) :)

IF you need a detailed explanation as to why there has been no sketch, here you go:

I was on a cruise week before last, I got home on Friday so skipped hockey that night. The Sunday was Memorial Day long weekend here so hockey was cancelled. I skated on Friday, but my buddy did not attend. I hope to see him tonight. If not, you can continue to think I am lying about something so absolutely ridiculous - it's up to you.

NOW, for all of you on here who KNOW me, I won't be posting the sketch here as there is an NDA and I already had some random PM me and ask me questions about my friend. I am not about to get him in trouble or fired. If I get to see the rendering of the jersey, I will share a sketch via PM with people I trust.
Don't worry. I can wait, as can many others here.

Reactions: Jet and surixon

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

That is a good move.

I remember when the Jets new logo was released because some courier opened a box and posted a picture of the new logo on the net.

True North fired the courier company a few days later.

There is no reason to expose your friend, I can wait for True North to make an announcement.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Why would they need a first round pick to announce something related to the business side of the team?
How do you want them to seamlessly release the jersey at the draft?
like, do you want Bettman to say "and we'll hold off on the 9th overall pick for a sec. Winnipeg has a new third jersey they want to display..."?

None

Feb 22, 2012
How do you want them to seamlessly release the jersey at the draft?
like, do you want Bettman to say "and we'll hold off on the 9th overall pick for a sec. Winnipeg has a new third jersey they want to display..."?

"At the draft" doesn't necessarily mean "on the stage with Bettman making a draft selection."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad