Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hendricks and Matthias are gone (I hope).

I think Roslovic moves into the lineup for Stastny. Petan likely stays with the Jets as the extra forward. Lemieux is another possibility for the roster. I think Appleton stays with the Moose for another season, joined by Vesalainen. Jets might be in the market for another C for another playoff run at the TDL next season.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Both Petan and Dano might sign for less than their QO like Tanev did.
If we don't have Dano and Petan in the press box next year, who sits there?

Tanev did that since his QO was a two-way IIRC, and he signed a one-way deal (Postma did the same thing). Dano is guaranteed a one-way QO. I'd put it at less than 5% he signs a contract that includes the name Winnipeg Jets on it. He's been treated like ass by Maurice since arriving for no good reason, he needs to be either traded for a 7th or simply not qualified by the Jets.

Reactions: Bigfish

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Tanev did that since his QO was a two-way IIRC, and he signed a one-way deal (Postma did the same thing). Dano is guaranteed a one-way QO. I'd put it at less than 5% he signs a contract that includes the name Winnipeg Jets on it. He's been treated like ass by Maurice since arriving for no good reason, he needs to be either traded for a 7th or simply not qualified by the Jets.
Why would the Jets let Dano go for nothing? I think he's traded for better value or let him try to revive his career in Europe. My guess is he's traded for a 3rd round pick or included in a package. Or, the Jets could sign him and let him try to make the team. Chevy won't squander an asset if he doesn't have to just because Dano is unhappy.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Why would the Jets let Dano go for nothing? I think he's traded for better value or let him try to revive his career in Europe. My guess is he's traded for a 3rd round pick or included in a package. Or, the Jets could sign him and let him try to make the team. Chevy won't squander an asset if he doesn't have to just because Dano is unhappy.

Dano won't get a 3rd after the tanking of his career that Maurice has pulled off. He'd be lucky to get a 5th. If Chevy plays hardball it could be a lose-lose for Chevy. Lose Dano, and gain a mark in the bad reputation among players.

Let's be clear on few things here before I get attacked for this comment. 1) Maurice overall has done a real good job for the team this year clearly. Doesn't change that he's hurt Dano's career quite a bit, sometimes this happens. 2) Of course Winnipeg or Chevy wouldn't get any kind of huge blackmark or anything, and with the team winning it might be not that noticeable at all.

However Chevy does have a history of trying to do right by his players while also managing the team well. Moving Dano for whatever he can get and if that's nothing letting him go unqualified is the right move. If he's worth nothing, it's no loss to let him go unqualified. At that point it would be purely vindictive on Chevy's part. He has not seemed that way to me.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Dano won't get a 3rd after the tanking of his career that Maurice has pulled off. He'd be lucky to get a 5th. If Chevy plays hardball it could be a lose-lose for Chevy. Lose Dano, and gain a mark in the bad reputation among players.

Let's be clear on few things here before I get attacked for this comment. 1) Maurice overall has done a real good job for the team this year clearly. Doesn't change that he's hurt Dano's career quite a bit, sometimes this happens. 2) Of course Winnipeg or Chevy wouldn't get any kind of huge blackmark or anything, and with the team winning it might be not that noticeable at all.

However Chevy does have a history of trying to do right by his players while also managing the team well. Moving Dano for whatever he can get and if that's nothing letting him go unqualified is the right move. If he's worth nothing, it's no loss to let him go unqualified. At that point it would be purely vindictive on Chevy's part. He has not seemed that way to me.
I agree that Dano should have played over Hendricks at times, but otherwise he wasn't that hard done by.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I agree that Dano should have played over Hendricks at times, but otherwise he wasn't that hard done by.

I dont, Hendricks adds quality personality in the dressing room and veteran smarts(I believe he made allot of our bottom 9 players play harder and better this season as he’s had to do so with lack of talent his whole career while many of them have good NHL talent). I don’t think we make it past Nashville if he didn’t spend time on the squad for the amount he did.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I dont, Hendricks adds quality personality in the dressing room and veteran smarts(I believe he made allot of our bottom 9 players play harder and better this season as he’s had to do so with lack of talent his whole career while many of them have good NHL talent). I don’t think we make it past Nashville if he didn’t spend time on the squad for the amount he did.
Bolded: Nonsense

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015

It happens in sports, for whatever reason, a coach does not like certain players. In Maurice's case, those players have been Dano and Petan. If you are a high draft pick and have skill, you are fine. If you are a bigger lumbering player, you are fine. Neither Dano or Petan fit those profiles and have seen the careers suffer under this coach.

Staying with the Jets is the worst thing that could happen to either player at this stage. It's like anyone working for a bad boss, you aren't going to be motivated and will be miserable. They'll either be moved during the summer for at least a mid round pick to salvage something or if the Jets are 'vindictive' and attempt to keep them, both guys will take a chance on Europe. I'm not sure if this is possible, but can they accept an offer from another team less than their QO from the Jets? I think both guys would probably do that as well if the option was there.

Reactions: Bigfish

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He only got into 23 games this year and had limited use in them. That has to hurt his career.

I think he is most likely an add to a trade package this off-season.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I don’t think we make it past Nashville if I don’t eat 3 tablespoons of almond butter. And yet here we are.

The coach, players and management have repeatedly stressed how important he was to the success of the team. Ignoring that impact because it can't be measured is silly.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The coach, players and management have repeatedly stressed how important he was to the success of the team. Ignoring that impact because it can't be measured is silly.

There have been too many acknowledgements of his contribution to be able to deny that it exists. But, since the acquisition of Stastny he shouldn't have played. I don't think we have had enough injuries at any time since then to justify dressing him.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Dano was offered chance to get playing time w the moose. He chose the NHL pay check.

Dano would have still gotten the NHL paycheck while on the Moose (it was a conditioning stint he was offered, so he would have continued to get an NHL paycheck and still counted against Jets roster limit).

However for those that are interested and think it was money related, had Dano cleared waivers and gotten sent down (officially, not conditioning stint) he would have made MORE money than staying with the Jets. Dano was on a one-way deal, meaning he got 850K in either AHL or NHL. However in the AHL players do not have to pay into escrow, which has been 10-15% the last few years. So Dano would have gotten 10-15% more in AHL than NHL this year.

Dano, IMO, refused because in year's past he had proven that he was at least a 3rd line scorer. This year his numbers are a bit down, but with the usage both in games and during long stretches of not playing likely played a part in that. If he gets another chance elsewhere we'll see if this has completely derailed any chance might have had or if he can get back to being a solid scoring NHLer. It won't happen with Jets now though.

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

I don't know why some people think that a person can join a team and have a positive effect on it. Why is that random? What makes that argument even worse is the Oilers without Hendricks around burned this year

I am not saying he is the only reason the Jets were successful there were 5 things in my mind that made us the team we are and Veteran leadership is one of those reasons

YoyiBear

Mar 12, 2018
I don't know why some people think that a person can join a team and have a positive effect on it. Why is that random? What makes that argument even worse is the Oilers without Hendricks around burned this year

I am not saying he is the only reason the Jets were successful there were 5 things in my mind that made us the team we are and Veteran leadership is one of those reasons
Of course a new player can make a difference, but Hendricks is no Stansty

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Dano was offered chance to get playing time w the moose. He chose the NHL pay check.

In addition to what Holden pointed out - he is on a 1 way contract. He actually gets paid more in the AHL, no escrow withheld.

Edit: :laugh: Finished reading Holdens' post. It was all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad