Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well, that news landed with a "thud".

I guess a lot of folks had "Team Playoff MVP" in their Logan Stanley prospect projection pool at the beginning of the season. I know I did... :sarcasm:

Glad he had a good run. Should be interesting to see how things progress in the AHL next season.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Glad he had a good run. Should be interesting to see how things progress in the AHL next season.
This will be very interesting to watch. Next season will be a very important year in Stanley's development. He needs to at least start to show he has the potential to develop into an NHL player.

Reactions: ps241

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
This will be very interesting to watch. Next season will be a very important year in Stanley's development. He needs to at least start to show he has the potential to develop into an NHL player.
Meh. He has 3 years on his ELC. He'll be given every opportunity regardless of what happens next year.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would be surprised if Dano and Petan are willing to sign with the Jets. Both are RFAs. Both have been passed by other prospects on the depth chart. They will probably be traded over the summer.

Reactions: wpgallday1960

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I would be surprised if Dano and Petan are willing to sign with the Jets. Both are RFAs. Both have been passed by other prospects on the depth chart. They will probably be traded over the summer.

Prospects with the resume of dano and petan don't refuse to sign with teams. Unless they want to go over to Europe and put their NHL careers in jeopardy.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Petan and Dano will both sign for near minimum $ ( under a million) ... they do not have any leverage.

They 1) get traded ...... or 2) come in hard and make the team next season.....3 ) get waived in a depth # s crunch...

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

They will sign for whatever their QO is. I believe cap friendly had a QO calculator.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Petan and Dano will both sign for near minimum $ ( under a million) ... they do not have any leverage.

They 1) get traded ...... or 2) come in hard and make the team next season.....3 ) get waived in a depth # s crunch...

I expect Petan to continue with the organization, but it must be apparent to all concerned that for whatever reasons unbeknownst to mortal fans, Dano has no future here. Just trade the guy for whatever you can still get.

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
Prospects with the resume of dano and petan don't refuse to sign with teams. Unless they want to go over to Europe and put their NHL careers in jeopardy.

I would say that remaining with the Jets organization is already putting their NHL careers in jeopardy. That is obvious by the way they've been handled by Maurice.

They either get traded or they are off to Europe. Dano is from there, he isn't coming back. Petan could come back but would only likely do so on a one-way contract, otherwise off to Europe. They are better off taking a chance in Europe, and hopefully making an impact as opposed to being buried on the Moose or sitting in the PB.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Petan will re-sign for sure. He is waiver eligible next season, can't be buried with the Moose and will get a look on the big club. Dano more than likely signs as well as that's his best bet at getting traded and playing NHL hockey either with the Jets or with another NHL. Otherwise he has to sit in Europe for years before he becomes a UFA and can come back.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I would say that remaining with the Jets organization is already putting their NHL careers in jeopardy. That is obvious by the way they've been handled by Maurice.

They either get traded or they are off to Europe. Dano is from there, he isn't coming back. Petan could come back but would only likely do so on a one-way contract, otherwise off to Europe. They are better off taking a chance in Europe, and hopefully making an impact as opposed to being buried on the Moose or sitting in the PB.

You would make more signing your QO and sitting in the press box than playing overseas for many seasons. How many NA players have left for Europe and come back later to have success in the NHL?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Neither one has much leverage at this point and they really don't have much choice to stay in the Jets organization if the Jets qualify them. Assuming they still want to pursue NHL careers. Not sure the Jets will want to give them 1 way deals, and can't see much money being available in Europe for them.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Both Petan and Dano might sign for less than their QO like Tanev did.
If we don't have Dano and Petan in the press box next year, who sits there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad