Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't like the Polls forum on the main boards or creatng new threads but I am considering stirring the hornet's nest by creating an Ehlers vs Nylander thread :sarcasm:

Just kidding in case it wasn't obvious

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
So this Brendan Lemieux kid has already figured out how to score on the power play in the AHL. All he does is score... Does he have a chance to become a top 6 guy or is his ceiling in the bottom 6?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
So this Brendan Lemieux kid has already figured out how to score on the power play in the AHL. All he does is score... Does he have a chance to become a top 6 guy or is his ceiling in the bottom 6?

Remember when button said guaranteed middle six was it, or second line? Not saying he will be or that button knows all but he was really high on him and only one to say that during trade.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I'll settle for him being the second greatest hockey playing Lemieux of all-time. No big deal, really. :) ;)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lemiuex on his 2-3 prime can be a good 2nd line player.

Nasty trash talking goal scoring machine being fed by Petan.
2nd incarnation of Martin St. Louis

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg
I was reading this article (http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c.../kyle-connor-winnipeg-jets-michigan/82893202/) about Kyle Connor going pro and came across a great one-liner:

"Berenson said Connor (6-feet-3, 202 pounds) would have benefited from another year of college hockey, getting stronger and improving defensively."

Connor must have been wearing a 30 pound pair of platform shoes when the writer met him...

Typical case of WUI (writing under influence) ... :shakehead

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Troy Stecher signed with the Canucks. Someone previously said on here that the Jets had interest. Oh well.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I wonder if Spacek will go back to Red Deer after this season.

I think so, he had a good season in the WHL esp considering he was a 4th round pick but he can use more time playing with his age group learning how to dominate offensively. In my opinion the only time you consider moving a 18 or 19 year old forward early into NHL or AHL is if they are atleast 1.3 PPG. Anything under that, they can still learn to be a dominant offensive player

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
I wonder if Spacek will go back to Red Deer after this season.

I'd rather him go back to Red Deer than play the Jimmy Lodge/Axel Blomqvist role for the Moose next year if that's what the options are. If there's a spot for him in the Moose top 9 then the decision would be closer, but I would still lean sending him back to Red Deer anyway.

Reasonable timeline:

2016/17 (19 y/o) - Red Deer
2017/18 (20 y/o) - Moose
2018/19 (21 y/o) - Moose/Jets callup

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I hope that Tucker Poolman signs soon. Word is his representatives have been in discussions with Chevy over the past day or so. I would like to see it happen.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
He had 9 secondary assists through his first 13 games then 6 through the next 48. I think a lot of it was Red Deer's powerplay coming out of the gate stupid hot then cooling off.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Spacek is still very good value for where we drafted him. DeBrusk Bruin's 14th overall pick only has 3 more primary points than Spacek while playing for half the season on the same team. And atleast by purely statwatching he seems to have had a comparable season to Harkins who was much more highly touted.

I will say though, other than Connor the Jets 2015 draft class has had a meh season overall, not terrible but not overly exciting either

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Spacek is still very good value for where we drafted him. DeBrusk Bruin's 14th overall pick only has 3 more primary points than Spacek while playing for half the season on the same team. And atleast by purely statwatching he seems to have had a comparable season to Harkins who was much more highly touted.

I will say though, other than Connor the Jets 2015 draft class has had a meh season overall, not terrible but not overly exciting either

I'm excited about Foley. Had an unfortunate injury to start the year and then kind of got buried down the lineup when he got back. He's looked really good whenever I've seen him play though.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014

Appleton started very strong but then literally fell off the deep end towards the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad