Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Penn State made a whoopsie and Compher picked it up, passed to Connor who outwaited the goalie. A beauty.

Watching on BTN2Go streaming site, friend in the US gave me his AT&T login.

He is pretty lethal on the quick strike after turnovers.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kyle Connor's 22 game point streak is now the longest in the Red Berenson era. (FYI Red is 75)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

That one-timer was pretty sick. He got that much torque and accuracy off in stride. The speed he pulls off of the half-wall to get his first goal is pretty impressive, too.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

That one-timer was pretty sick. He got that much torque and accuracy off in stride. The speed he pulls off of the half-wall to get his first goal is pretty impressive, too.

That one timer is exactly what we need on our PP!!! If this kid isn't the finisher the Jets need I don't know who is.
His combination of speed, accuracy and release should ensure he scores a lot of goals in the NHL. Especially with Ehlers feeding him beauty passes.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Man, I really wish they wouldn't do that slowdown right before the goal is scored, especially on that second Connor goal. Would love to see how hard he actually shot that in real time.

What's remarkable about that onetimer goal is that the pass was behind him, it wasn't in the sweet spot. And he still hammered it.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Did they keep Helle in the net for the entire game?

Yep, even though it was 5-0 after two. Goalies will sometimes insist that they don't want to be pulled in a blowout, wonder if Helle told McCambridge he wanted to battle it out for the rest of the game.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Don't know if there's an easy answer for this (mostly because the data is probably hard to find), but I wonder how Connor's freshman year compares to Paul Kariya's freshman year back in 1992-93 when you adjust for era.

Kariya notched 100 points in 39 games back then. Obviously Connor won't match that pace, but you've also got to consider that goals were much easier to come by back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad